Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Lnknprkswtie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Privacy shield says it's closed in device settings, but it's actively recording and mode says armed. See images. This started a few days ago, happening on both indoor cameras. Pics show what device settings shows, mode shows armed, and timeline recordings shows videos taken a couple min before (timestamp on phone and recording.) Anyone else having problems?

Screenshot_20231114-085544_Arlo Secure.jpg

Screenshot_20231114-085549_Arlo Secure.jpg

Screenshot_20231114-085610_Arlo Secure.jpg

12 REPLIES 12
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

When you enable continuous video recording (CVR) on your Arlo Essential Indoor Camera, your camera continues recording video no matter what mode is active. This means that the Privacy Shield on your camera remains open while CVR is enabled. Disarming your camera silences motion and audio detection notifications, but the camera continues recording. To close your Privacy Shield and stop recording, you can turn your camera off in the device settings. For help turning your camera on or off, visit: https://kb.arlo.com/1085092

Lnknprkswtie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please see the images in original request, as stated, it's geofence, it's recording but the devices on the app say privacy shield is closed. It's not really closed, it's the app saying it is. 

Example, I can go to the app and see the last activity, a still image, from the the front door camera. 

I cannot with the indoor cameras. Please also note, mode says armed, and if you look at the pictures, you'll see they were taken 3 minutes apart. It seems to be something faulty with an app update. This recently started happening. I've had the cameras up for 6+ months with no issue 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

We are looking into this, I will be in touch soon. 

nnnicola
Aspirant
Aspirant

I do have the same problem:

I've just installed a brand new Wired Indoor Essential
it is set on Arm Away but app says "Privacy Shield Closed", I can see that is indeed actually open, infrared light on, if I pass in front I get notifications.

all good if I set Standby (it closes) and Arm Away (it opens)
but the Android app fails to recognize it as armed

Screenshot 2023-11-17 222349.png

Lnknprkswtie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Evidently it's from the security update done itn 11/8. It's been brought up in the play stores, here and Reddit. Hopefully they fix it soon as well as give credits to those who aren't getting what they are paying for. 

nnnicola
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm confident that this would be a pretty easy thing to fix.

I'm new to Arlo and so far I have the feeling that while the hardware is alright, the software side seems a bit faulty. Often really slow and not sure why video feedback stays B/W once switched to night mode

Looking forward to hearing from Arlo about the next firmware update 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this same behavior? 

Arlosiesta
Aspirant
Aspirant

On web site on my computer the sheild is open while armed...but on my iphone app, the same image renained

"privacy sheild closed"

"open and go live" button can be tapped to see image?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you try power cycling the camera?

Lnknprkswtie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I've tried everything that's been suggested and it continues to happen. This has been since day 1, it's the app not the actual cameras. The cameras work via geo fence without a problem.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have passed this information to the development team. I will update the community as soon as possible. 

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation