Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Notification from Neighbors Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable

About 3.5 years ago we had some theft issues in my neighborhood.  My neighbor and I both had Arlo systems.  He was working out of town a lot at the time so he added me to receive notifications from his “front porch” camera only.  That went on until I got tired of dealing with battery issues so I essentially let my Arlo system go.  I have a 15 year old son so I recently re-activated my indoor “essential camera” only.  I de-activated and removed my other 3 wireless Arlo cameras.  Since that day, I began receiving notifications for his “front porch” camera again.  He has looked through the “shared” portion of his app and made sure I am no longer linked to his account.  I have tried changing the name of my camera, uninstalling and reinstalling the Arlo secure app, and everything else I can think of.  Please advise.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

You could 

• remove the devices from your account
  • delete the account
  • create a new one
  • add the devices back.
Retired_Member
Not applicable

If I do that would i be required to pay for a subscription? As it is now, I pay no monthly fees.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Retired_Member wrote:

If I do that would i be required to pay for a subscription? As it is now, I pay no monthly fees.

Legacy cameras (pro, pro 2, etc) were sold with 7 days of cloud storage, and they would still have that if you shift them to a new account.

Essential cameras require a subscription to get any cloud storage.  If you move the essential camera to a new account, you will lose the trial subscription for it, so you'd need to subscribe right away to get storage.   FWIW, it is surprising that you have any storage for it now.  Though I have seen a couple of posts from users who seem to have gotten their trial subscriptions re-started when they reinstalled their cameras.

If you do have a trial in place, you also have access to phone support via the app, so you could try to use that.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation