Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Help connecting camera

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
bsud
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently removed my Arlo Essential Indoor Gen 1 and now want add it back.

I have an EERO mesh system that I can force to 2.4 GHz only for a period of time (10 minutes)

I go through the add camera process and everything goes fine even hearing the Chime. The find dial spins then after 10-15 seconds the shutter clicks close and the process goes a bit longer then stops taking me back to the verify your on a 2.4GHz band.

I've hard reset the camera multiple times as well.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@bsud can you create another band set to 2.4GHz for installation purposes and try again? 

bsud
Aspirant
Aspirant

The only readily accessible 2.4 Ghz network I have is the dual band Eero mesh in my house. I can disable the 5 Ghz band for 10 minutes at a time but I've tried this 4-5 times with the same result.

I have another place that I have that has the 5 Ghz disabled and this network is the same one I originally had the camera connected to.

I'll be able to try connecting to this network in a week or so.

Do you think the issue is related to my eero mesh network?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

It is a possibility the networks are changing while trying to install. Can you try onboarding with a Browser?

bsud
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried using Mac OS Safari going to my.arlo.com. Same results.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the info, I have escalated this for you and someone from Support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Any chance you can create a guest network on your router that uses only the 2.4GHz band and connect to that?

bsud
Aspirant
Aspirant

I will look into that idea. My only concern is that I'm currently passing through from my AT&T router/gateway to my Eero mesh so all the wifi options for the AT&T device are turned off.

I can just enable Guest but am wondering if this might cause issues with this pass through. 

Probably not but worth some research.

Thanks.

bsud
Aspirant
Aspirant

I set up the 2.4 Ghz band only on my router. The camera configured properly. The issue is trying to disable the 5 Ghz band on my Eero system isn't working.

Thanks for all your help.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation