Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Juddwoods
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I have an Arlo Essential Indoor camera, as well as two Ultra 2 Spotlight Cameras and a base station. I have a custom mode setup for when I'm at home, which used to keep my indoor camera off but my outdoor cameras active. The custom mode does not have the indoor camera listed, and yet it always turns on when this mode is active. It seems others had this problem several months ago, but it was resolved by a firmware update. My base station seems to be on the latest firmware, but I'm experiencing the same problem. 

Any help would be really appreciated. 

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Essential-Indoor-Camera/Cameras-not-listed-in-custom-Mode-are-sti...

7 REPLIES 7
Juddwoods
Aspirant
Aspirant

I figured out my camera doesn't seem to actually be on the latest firmware. Apparently the latest firmware is 1.18.3.0_1095_b031519_69ba1a7, but in Device Info mine shows as 1.18.3.1_1107_8a519c8_29c541e. Although this would seem to be a higher number release, the 1.18.3.0 is listed as the current release in the firmware release notes. Still, when I choose the firmware in Settings, it says "No firmware available."

I'm stumped. 😞 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd start by creating a new custom mode with the same settings as the current one. If that works ok, it would seem to just be a goobered custom mode.

Juddwoods
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks so much for the suggestion. Unfortunately, I've tried that and the camera remains on. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Any chance you're in field trials (a semi-beta test group) with this camera? If not, the fastest way to resolve this issue may be to remove the camera from your account and add it back. Be sure to check firmware version again.

davem27
Guide
Guide

A question on this.  I had a essential indoor camera but returned it because I had it connected to my hub and could not get it to turn off during the day.  I'm reading here there might have been a firmware update where you can create a custom mode that would allow me to customize the indoor camera?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@davem27 wrote:

I'm reading here there might have been a firmware update where you can create a custom mode that would allow me to customize the indoor camera?

Nothing new about custom modes, so you should have been able to do back when you purchased.

Although the new (not fully rolled out) user interface only has three built-in modes, it is still possible to customize the camera operation and set up a schedule.

Juddwoods
Aspirant
Aspirant

Removing the camera from the Hub and re-adding it seems to have resolved the problem. Huge thanks to everyone who helped. 🙏

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation