Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Introducing Arlo Essential Indoor Camera - 2nd Generation

Discussion stats
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Introducing the 2nd generation of the Essential camera, now offered in both 2K and HD options. Experience exceptional smart home security with unbeatable value and price. We all deserve protection, no matter what your budget is or the size of your property. Choose from 2K or HD camera options for round-the-clock protection.

JamesC_0-1695136867979.png

JamesC_1-1695136867981.png

JamesC_2-1695136867982.png

Privacy on demand. Protection on command.

Essential Indoor Camera provides smart home security with an automated privacy shield to protect your privacy too. Offering clear HD 1080P resolution, Night Vision, and Integrated Siren, check-in on your home, family or pets anytime.

• HD Video Resolution
  • Automated Privacy Shield
  • Updated seamless Bluetooth onboarding
  • 130° field of view
  • 2-Way Talk
  • Night Vision

Privacy on demand. Protection on command with crystal-clear details. Essential Indoor Camera provides enhanced smart home security with an automated privacy shield to protect your privacy too. Offering crystal clear 2K resolution, Night Vision, and Integrated Siren, check-in on your home, family or pets.

• 2K Video Resolution
  • Automated Privacy Shield
  • Updated seamless Bluetooth onboarding
  • 130° field of view
  • 2-Way Talk
  • Night Vision

Post a reply or visit Arlo Support if you have any additional questions or need more information about the Arlo Essential Indoor Camera - 2nd Generation

Thank you for being part of the Arlo Community!

30 REPLIES 30
jmccartyth
Aspirant
Aspirant

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/products/arlo-essential-2nd-gen.html

Why is this not stated here on your website?  Wasting my time and money and your reputation! This makes a change to other security camera system far more appealing! 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jmccartyth wrote:

Why is this not stated here on your website? 

Not my website, as I don't work for Arlo.  This is a user-to-user forum.

FWIW, I agree they should release new models worldwide, and not piecemeal.

Harpo57
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought this camera a few weeks ago to add to my indoor system.  I have two other cameras, one outside with the solar panel and one wired inside.  I have had them for at least 5 years and have had great success with them using the 7 day recordings.  Now with this new camera I was able to record for the first 7 days and now there is no option without subscribing for more cloud space.  A big ripoff if you ask me.  I only have 3 cameras so what's the deal.  To have a better camera you are making your customers pay to store even one day.  I think I will be looking for a different system.  Very disappointed in the new policy.  Is there a way to record without the cloud?

Kazuki98
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is the CVR still not supported? I bought this for saving cloud video feed and turns out I found it's useless now and this product is not cheap at all. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kazuki98,

While we do plan to support CVR in the near future, this feature is not yet available for 2nd generation cameras. Stay tuned here on the community and arlo.com for an announcement once this feature is made available.

JamesC

Aashishkebab
Apprentice
Apprentice

"Near future"?

It's been nearly a year! What a joke Arlo is.

Discussion stats