Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How can I bypass the privacy shield for the Essentials Indoor Camera Generation 2?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
PrfPam
Follower
Follower

i purchased 2 Arlo Essential Indoor Camera, Generation 2, so I could have the cameras on all the time. I am not intending to use them with the security system. How can I bypass the Privacy Shield?  VERY annoying that I have to arm my system (which I will not use with these cameras) to make them work.

Help please!

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@PrfPam wrote:

i purchased 2 Arlo Essential Indoor Camera, Generation 2, so I could have the cameras on all the time.

Can you describe what you mean by having them "on all the time"?

The app and browser will stop livestreaming after a while (around 30 minutes), and the Gen 2 doesn't have continuous video recordings.

I don't know of a way to configure the system to keep the privacy screen open all the time, other than arming the camera.  But starting a livestream should open the privacy screen.

Mark-L
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having a similar issue.  I am not using the camera for security purposes, but for monitoring the home.  I work from home, and my wife is also homebound due to illness, and I need to be able to view where she is and what she is doing in case I need to go and help her during my work day .  Having these cameras disconnect every 20-30 minutes and having to reset the feed is frustrating.  

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation