Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Essential Indoor 2nd Gen Disconnecting

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
SmukalaK
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I was able to pick up a second gen essential indoor camera on a recent sale. Product connected to my account (I have 4 other cameras plus a base station) without issue. After this weekend, the camera will not provide live feed and has now removed itself from my account entirely and I’m unable to reconnect it. I noticed this gen doesn’t connect to the base station and directly over WiFi. Was there an update I’ve missed? Will this camera be able to connect with my base station because I’ve had no issues with my other cameras? I also noticed this one won’t connect to my HomeKit but I think I read that the update is in the works? Please help. I’ve restarted router, modem and multiple times of trying to add the camera back without success. It sits there for 15+ minutes trying to add it. 

10 REPLIES 10
dwd121
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the exact same issue - I have 3 the essential 2 cameras and two of them disappeared from the iOS app today. I've tried the factory reset numerous times and it gets stuck on "adding the device to your account" with no luck. It just sits there. 

I contacted support and they said they could see the camera's online and connected to my account but I can't see them at all through the app. When I check my portal online it says there are two new cameras that aren't finished setting up and to do it through the app... lol I CAN'T SEE THEM IN THE APP! 

SmukalaK
Aspirant
Aspirant

That’s a good point you add. During set up it wants me to hold for 15 seconds to remove the device so I can re add it because it’s register that’s it’s already added. I’m unable to see where the camera is on my account/app where I can remove it and start over. 

dwd121
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I think it's safe to say that Arlo is having issues with registering camera's today. I'd be interested to see just how many people come across this feed and reply. As I said, the camera "registers" but won't complete the process via the iOS app at least. I'm waiting for my wife to get home so I can try through her Android. 

dwd121
Aspirant
Aspirant

Also, based on what information I've gathered through this process, it appears as though when you hold the button and do a factory reset, it removes the camera from your account automatically. So each time we do this, it removes it and then when we try via the app to add the camera again it "adds" it but won't publish it in our app's.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dwd121 wrote:

it appears as though when you hold the button and do a factory reset, it removes the camera from your account automatically. 

The camera isn't connected to the internet when you reset it, so it has no way of telling the Arlo cloud that you've done the reset.

FWIW, I have seen this once or twice, and was able to add the camera back to the account using "add device" after I did the factory reset.  Maybe wait a little while and try "add device' again.

dwd121
Aspirant
Aspirant

@StephenB wrote:

@dwd121 wrote:

it appears as though when you hold the button and do a factory reset, it removes the camera from your account automatically. 

The camera isn't connected to the internet when you reset it, so it has no way of telling the Arlo cloud that you've done the reset.

FWIW, I have seen this once or twice, and was able to add the camera back to the account using "add device" after I did the factory reset.  Maybe wait a little while and try "add device' again.

The camera IS online when the factory reset is done. Again, I can see the cameras in the portal via the website. They show "setup not complete use the mobile app to finish setting up the camera"  then ... i press the button to preform a factory reset and the camera is removed from the poral via the online website .. so saying the camera isn't online is inaccurate. I'm literally here in my house watching it happen. The problem is with the iOS app not showing the camera's after adding them via the app. The app is stuck on "adding camera to your account" but it does add it because I see it on the portal online. 

Support confirmed this when they said they can see it online as well. I simply saw this post having the same issues as I was. My particular setup was fine for months, then today two camera's disappeared as though they were never setup. I replied to the OP because now I'm having issues adding them back. 

PS: I've waited several hours now and still the same result. 

Thanks 

MS07
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issus. My two indoor cameras worked perfectly until this morning

dwd121
Aspirant
Aspirant

@MS07 wrote:

I am having the same issus. My two indoor cameras worked perfectly until this morning

Have you tried resetting the camera's and adding them back through the app as well? I'm curious it see if you get stuck on "adding your camera to your account" as well. 

I sent this thread to Arlo support as well to get someone from Arlo involved with troubleshooting their end because I believe it to be with their provision service and not all of our phones/apps

dwd121
Aspirant
Aspirant

Using my wife's Android worked - I was able to add the cameras back to the app and they are 100% functional. Still waiting for a reply from support to see if maybe they fixed their end or if it really is an iOS issue. If anyone hears first, please reply.

SmukalaK
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello all,

Arlo just pushed an iOS update and it seemed to fix the issue. My second gen indoor camera is working again

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation