Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot view Essential Indoor (2nd gen) or Doorbell (2nd gen) in Google Home...

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Carguy86
Follower
Follower

I just bought several new Essential Indoor (2nd gen) cameras and a 2nd gen video doorbell. Everything is up and running as they should be and am happy with the Arlo app experience.

Today, I tried linking my cameras to my Google Home account and was able to get them linked, but when I tried to pull up the live camera feed in Google Home, it's just a black screen. 

When I tried to pull up the doorbell live feed in Google Home, it says it can't reach the camera.

I tried unlinking the account in the 'Partners' section of the Arlo app, logged out of my Arlo profile and then tried linking again in Google Home but with the same results.

Then I thought it had to do with the privacy shields on the cameras, so I turned the cameras on in the Arlo app, and went back into Google Home still with no success.....

Anyone have this same experience or have advice??

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Carguy86,

Is this an intermittent issue or are you able to reproduce the same behavior every time?

JamesC

mtbernier
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue. My Arlo Essential Indoor (2nd gen) cameras do not work with the Google Home app. I keep the privacy shield open on the Essential Indoor cameras by putting them in "Arm Home" mode and setting the rules for motion and audio detection to do nothing. This allows for live streaming using the Arlo Secure app without having to always enter your password. However when opening the cameras with the Google Home app you get an error message "Live video unavailable. The camera may be unreachable or saving battery" which is not the case. This is not an intermittent issue. It can be reproduced every time I use Google Home app.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation