Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera wire failed shortly after install

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
CiaraG
Aspirant
Aspirant

We opted to wall-mount our essential Indoor 2nd Gen camera. We moved the mounting hardware to the back-side of the camera. Due to the hard-wire coming directly out of the back as well the mount actually forces a bend right where the wire connects to the device. You can visibly see the stress that this mount location puts on the wire. Additionally, the closest receptacle to our device location is behind a couch. It plugged in and functioned just fine for a few days and then the camera died. I messed around with the wire and realized the failure is due to the wire itself having hard angles at the plug and camera end. It is frustrating that this wire is not a standard USB-C or otherwise that can easily be replaced, especially seeing that the plug-end is a USB type C plug. 20240513_055952(2).jpg20240513_060011(2).jpg

2 REPLIES 2
CiaraG
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo support is terrible. I tried to use the chat function to talk to someone about this issue and it kept telling me I don't have support but we do have a plan that we pay for currently. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CiaraG,

You can open a ticket with Arlo support directly by using the Arlo app under Settings > Support. Please let me know if you're still unable to create a ticket this way.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation