Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
red_alert
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can see audio events are being pushed to my feed in app but I'm not getting notified. I have checked all settings and they are correct and have notifications on.

11 REPLIES 11
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

red_alert,

Are you using an iOS or Android device? If you log out of the app and log back in, do you still experience the same issue?

JamesC

red_alert
Aspirant
Aspirant

Using latest version on Android (Pixel 7 Pro).

I've also tried from web browser.

Tried logging in and out and still not working.

Is there a way to setup notifications for anything that goes to your feed as a workaround?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

To be clear, you're using push notifications, right? Have you checked the phone settings for the app to verify that notifications are enabled?

red_alert
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes. Phone settings are correct for push notifications. I can tell this as push notifications work for motion detection.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You may need to contact official support to get this solved. Use the app to go to Settings, Support, choose your camera and scroll down to Contacts to start the process.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@red_alert wrote:

Yes. Phone settings are correct for push notifications. I can tell this as push notifications work for motion detection.

Just wanting to understand this - 

• Both audio and motion recordings are in your feed
  • You are getting push notifications for the motion recordings
  • But you are not getting push notifications for the audio recordings

Is this the situation?

red_alert
Aspirant
Aspirant

That's correct

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@red_alert wrote:

That's correct

Ok.  I'm tagging @JamesC , just to make sure he understands your symptoms correctly.

Did you check the smart notification settings (profile ->home -> smart notifications -> [camera] and make sure that "all other audio" was enabled there?

red_alert
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think that's the issue as this device does not have that option (essentials indoor 2nd gen camera).

The feature works though as is being published to feed. Seems like a gap in the product for push audio notifications for this particular model.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I was able to reproduce this behavior as described. To receive audio alerts, you must turn on "all other audio" within your Smart Notification settings or the audio alerts will not be sent.

I was able to turn this setting on for the indoor camera without issue. Are you sure you're looking in the right area within the Arlo app?

Settings > your location > smart notifications > your camera > "All Other Audio" toggle

JamesC

red_alert
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

Thanks for looking into this.

As you can see from my video of my screen recording in Android app the device does not show "all other audio" option.

I also have shown how my other cameras do have this option to compare at end of video.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/k6LzQZjC6VWKcrkW8 

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation