Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo baby not connecting and not activating

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
scottstyles
Aspirant
Aspirant

Our Baby Arlo cam will no longer connect to our network. We have four other cams (2 pro and 2 pro2) that are connected just fine.

Our initial problem was that when we added the baby to our setup, it required a subscription plan, and according to this link (https://kb.arlo.com/88/What-are-the-available-Arlo-subscription-plans-and-how-much-cloud-recording-i...) that is incorrect.

After seeking assistance for that problem, we were suggested to remove the baby cam and reconnect it. That has brought us to this point where we cannot get reconnected.

We tried switching the baby cam on and off, factory resetting (multiple times), uninstalling and reinstalling the app, and bringing the baby arlo right next to the router. We also tried to set up the baby arlo via the web, but that didn't work. We tried the chat support but received no reply.

The amber light does illuminate without blinking, then turns to a blinking blue light once the sync button is held for a few seconds. It recognizes the QR code and chimes when we try and connect it to our 2.5G wifi connection but then delivers an unable-to-connect noise and goes back to flashing yellow again. This occurs via the app or computer. Each of our other Arlo cams works fine.

So, I ask for assistance getting the baby cam reconnected and then reactivated. Support would be greatly appreciated - Please help!

12 REPLIES 12
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you using a mesh network? 

scottstyles
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am not sure. We have the hub connected to our router, which is connected to the modem?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you try onboarding via a web browser on your computer.

scottstyles
Aspirant
Aspirant

How would I do this?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

You will need to navigate to https://my.arlo.com/#/login and select the add camera device option/(+) then select the desired device. 

scottstyles
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, but I received the same sad chime and no connection. Also, the light changed from blue back to amber.

scottstyles
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have also completed another factory reset with the same results: I get the blinking BLUE light, and the chime from the QR pic, then the blue turns to AMBER and I get the sad chime again.

scottstyles
Aspirant
Aspirant

Also, the unit periodically clicks after sitting for a while (about an hour or so). Nothing loud, you have to be right next to it to hear the click.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you able to try and onboard the camera with a different handheld device as well? 

Zzzzzzzzzz
Luminary
Luminary

@scottstyles 

Ugh, Arlo Baby cams are sooo flakey....

Usually when I turn it on after not having used it for a while, there's always a lot of difficulty getting them back online. It may involve a couple factory resets, then at some point I just leave it plugged in overnight close to the router, and they so far have eventually connected again. But then sometimes they show offline immediately, then I power cycle, and wait for them to show up in the app again. Sometimes for no reason at all it shows as being offline. If I power cycle, it usually will  show up again in the app. But if I am out of town, there is nothing I can do. But then after a few days, it shows up again. Buggy and unstable....

There is no apparent logic in what I have to do  to get them back online. I think that sometimes that if they are trying to do updates to the firmware, for whatever reason it takes overnight or a day or so to do that.

Have you tried removing them from your existing account, then use another email to create another a new account. Then try adding them to a new account. If that works, you can always grant the first account access to the Arlo Baby.

'

Zzzzzzzzzz
Luminary
Luminary

Also wanted to add that when you are turning Arlo Baby on and off (power-cycling), are you making sure that you've turned off the battery from the bottom of the device and unplugged it?

scottstyles
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same result with phone, tablet, computer and laptop. 😞

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation