Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby requiring paid subscription

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
scottstyles
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 3 pro and 2 pro2 cameras. After deleting 1 of the pro cameras (leaving 4 active) I added a baby cam as my 5th.  On the app I see each of the 4 pro/pro2 cams , below that my "SmartHub / Base Station / Bridge" and below that, a widow for the baby cam with the message "This device is inactive. A paid subsscription is required to activate the device."

Without the baby cam, I have a total of 4 cameras, why am I being required to pay for a subscription to use a 5th camera when I have use 5 cameras in the past without a plan and your plans page (https://kb.arlo.com/88/What-are-the-available-Arlo-subscription-plans-and-how-much-cloud-recording-i...) states as much.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Check Settings, Subscription, Manage Cameras to see what shows up there. If only 4 Pro and Pro 2 cameras are listed, is the Baby shown as not activated? Can you select the Baby and move it into the active camera section? WHat happens if you try using a computer browser to do this?

scottstyles
Aspirant
Aspirant

On my computer, the "Subscription" tab is greyed out, so I cannot get to "Manage Cameras"

On my phone I can get into the "Subscriptions" tab, but only have:

ARLO SECURE - No Plan

CVR OLAN - No Plan

and a message to "Please goto Arlo on the web to manage your plans and cameras.

However, under "My Devices" in settings, the 4 cameras and the baby cam are listed. When I click on it and click "Device Setings" an orane banner appears to the top of the the screen stating "This device does not exist."

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@scottstyles wrote:

However, under "My Devices" in settings, the 4 cameras and the baby cam are listed. When I click on it and click "Device Setings" an orane banner appears to the top of the the screen stating "This device does not exist."

This is happening when you select the baby cam?  But not the other 4 cameras in the account?

scottstyles
Aspirant
Aspirant

That is correct, only the Baby cam.

In a sad turn of events, someone suggested I delete the baby cam and re-add it. Now the baby cam will not reconnect 😞

scottstyles
Aspirant
Aspirant

A bit more context:

I've factory reset the camera using the reset button and retried adding.

1. Waited for the amber light to stop blinking

2. Attempted to wait for the cam to be found - no luck

3. Selected QR code setup

4. Entered wifi credentials

5. Hled the sync button for 2-sec and saw the blinking blue light

6. scanned QR code

7. Waited for the device to be found

8. After about a minute the cam delivers 4 tones

9. Shortly after, the app says no arlo devices found

The cam will not link using the QR code or waiting for the phone to find the camera

Both efforts time out or give a "No Arlo devices found"

I get the same results using my computer and my phone.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation