Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Toggle silent mode per user

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
urbourbo
Initiate
Initiate

There seems to be a number of discussions adjacent to this already over the past several years. However, I saw none about this specifically.

I get it that we can toggle silent mode per doorbell. However, I can't find a solution for the use case where I am away where other family members are at home. How can I stop my (Android) app from buzzing when I know others are at home ready to open the door?

At the very least, there should be a way for me to silence my phone whenever it rings and I'm not at home. But the only way to do this seems to be to "answer" the call, which seems to silence the apps for other family members. 

However, ideally and reasonably, I should be able to toggle my away status and have the buzzing toggled accordingly. Or even using automatic location detection.

This has bothered me ever since I got this installed. Can we have any update regarding if this is being recognized and worked on at all? Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
johnfoster
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for information..   MyGeorgiaSouthern Login

urbourbo
Initiate
Initiate

Sounds like I'm talking to ChatGPT here?

I'm using the standard "Arlo Secure" app. Is there even a separate doorbell app on Android? And where could I talk to that support team if so? Switching the notifications on and off every day won't be an efficient enough solution I'm afraid. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@urbourbo wrote:

I'm using the standard "Arlo Secure" app. Is there even a separate doorbell app on Android?

No, just the Arlo Secure app.

FWIW, I agree with your feedback that it would be good to allow friend accounts to set their own silent mode or the doorbell.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation