Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Chime no longer synced to Doorbell on two phones

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
kmacard
Star
Star

We have an Arlo 2 camera system with four cameras. A while back, we added the Doorbell and Chime to our system. I had it all set up and working wel, including the porch camera to give video when the doorbell ringsl. All three iPhones in our household were connected and received phone calls when the doorbell rang, as I wanted.  Now, though, only my iPhone can still receive phone calls when someone rings the doorbell. On the other two, the doorbell shows as a device but is not paired with the Chime. Attempts to pair doorbell and chime on these phones have failed numerous times. I have reset the Arlo Base Station but nothing seems to help. Does anyone have a suggestion? Everything else works so well that I hate the thought of starting over ..... it scares me, lol.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
For starters, reboot the phones and reinstall the app. In the meantime, check Settings, Grant Access to ensure that everything is shared for each account (I'm assuming that how you've got this set up).
kmacard
Star
Star

I  deleted the Arlo acount and rebooted the iphone. Put a fresh install of the Arlo app. No joy. My account is the main one and it shows both of the other users as having full access..... all devices are checked. I did notice, though, that under Settings/Shared Devices, there are none listed. On hubby's phone I just checked, it connects to all the cameras and shows the doorbell as connected to the one camera it should be. Just not connected to the Chime and when I try to pair them, the device is not found. Thank you for your help!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A granted access account can't pair devices - that's the function of the primary account. 

Are you rebooting the other phones and reinstalling their apps? That's what I intended for you to do, not our own.

kmacard
Star
Star

Yes, I did reboot the other phones and installed a new Arlo app. I also ended up calling Arlo tech support. It seems to be working now. They had me delete the other granted access users, re-invite them, and it seems to be working now. Time will tell. A great system, but like all of these types, a ittle hinky at times.  🙂  Thank you for your help!   

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation