Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

z wave

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Boggyman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello Arlo!

First of all, nice work with Arlo Pro!

I am planning to create a smart home and use the protokoll Z wave. Are Arlo Compatible with Z wave so that I can intergrate the cameras in my smart home?

Thanx in advance!

// Boggyman

3 REPLIES 3
steve_t
Master Master
Master

No but the system is compatible with Smartthings, which has both Z-wave and Zigbee radios inside

Boggyman
Aspirant
Aspirant

steve_t wrote:

No but the system is compatible with Smartthings, which has both Z-wave and Zigbee radios inside

Hi Steve,

Was planning to use Vera Control - Vera Plus (Gen 5) that use Z-Wave Plus, ZigBee, Bluetooth, LE Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac).

So if I understand you correct I can use Arlo Pro with Vera?

// Boggy

MarkC
Luminary
Luminary

Arlo is only compatible with SmartThings and that is fairly limited at this point. Unless someone writes a interface/stack etc. for it to work with Arlo (not sure if Netgear even offer an API etc. as it is a closed system) then you will NOT be able to use it.

Best thing is to search the Vera forums or even google to see if anyone has it working but I think it is pretty unlikely until Netgear allow it to happen.

I ditched Arlo! As a Company they hold their Customers/Us in complete contempt! We beta test producs for them, the products only work properly for ~70% of the time at best!

If you are serious about your home or work security then look elsewhere! Get a ip Camera System with an NVR and some Blink XT cameras to cover the places you cannot run a cable to. You will NEVER regret moving away from Arlo!