Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

"Not Responding" message from Google Assistant; unable to stream through Google Assistant

JRD761
Tutor
Tutor

I'm trying to link my Google Home Assistant devices (Chromecast and Google Home Hub) to my 3 Arlo cameras. I was able to link my Arlo Account in the Google Home app, and the camera names show, but when you attempt to open a camera it says "Not Responding".
I've tried unlinking and relinking my Arlo Account multiple times and it still will not work.
Why won't this work?

310 REPLIES 310
Kliptic
Tutor
Tutor
With all the TV ads about this functionality and no fix date in sight, I wonder if we can start a class action lawsuits for false/misleading advertising.
Lstudio
Star
Star

I “might” have made some progress with this. The cameras don’t always connect right away, but they do with some retries (which sadly is more than before.) I’ve had issues with Google Home connecting intermittently with Arlo Pro2s and Arlo Q. Some of these steps may or may not be necessary:

1. Previously disabled IGMP on one of my managed Netgear network switches that was responsible for dropping connections to my TiVo Mini and my home network in general is more stable than before.. IGMP seems to create many intermittent network issues and drops, so I thought this might be a good idea to also disable IGMP snooping on my ASUS router as well. I turned it off in my 2.4 and both 5 ghz channels (depends on router model.)
2. Assigned a static IP in my router to my Base Station.

3. Added port forwarding rules for the Base Station set to both using in/out for 80, 443, 123.

4. Resynced my Google Mini by saying, “hey google, resync my devices.”

5. Closed out of the Google Home App again (just in case) and retried the cameras. After 1-2 retries, the cameras are showing whereas before they were not connecting at all.

Could
be a complete coincidence, but I’d be interested to see if these steps helps others.

djboy
Aspirant
Aspirant
I came across this thread because I had same problem with Swann cameras. I tried all solutions here but nothing worked. Finally Swann tech told me to power off camera recorder and router, switch router back on, then switch camera recorder back on once router had an internet connection. That did the trick. Hope it works for you.
Mau82
Aspirant
Aspirant
Broken link please update.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We've recently released a backend update which should fix the issue with streaming your Arlo camera(s) through Google Assistant. 

If you're still experiencing this issue, please let us know.

BriscMoy
Star
Star

Just tested it - it seems to work! Thanks for the update as I had not tried it in several months.

BriscMoy
Star
Star

One addition, it is still a bit slow. It takes between 7 and 10 seconds to display the live video while hey Siri on iPhone takes less than 2 seconds

Drache22
Aspirant
Aspirant
Great that this fix is finally in! With a quick test on my 7 cameras, it appeared that the cameras further away from the base station too longer to respond (at least 10 seconds). However the cameras closer to the base station were much quicker (less than 5 seconds). I have a mix of Pro 2's and Ultras - all are powered with line voltage.
Kliptic
Tutor
Tutor

Just tested it and it works. Thank you for the update!

gtrab
Tutor
Tutor
Still not working here... Do I n ed to install something o is it an auto update?
BriscMoy
Star
Star

It is a server side fix, so no updates on users side. Saying that, do make sure that you have latest firmware/ software on camera and base station and that you are running latest version of the app