Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Why is there no way to access an actual person at Arlo?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
SOwen
Follower
Follower

Why is there no way to access an actual person at Arlo?  Even now, I am trying to reach a person, and instead get stuck in a robot loop with never mind as the only option or repeating the same process again and again.  How is this customer service?  And you cannot escalate to a live person with a subscription as the site states.  Please advise.  

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SOwen wrote:

And you cannot escalate to a live person with a subscription as the site states.  Please advise.  

If you look in the support area of the app (not my.arlo.com) you should see a phone support option.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

The only time I've spoken to a real person was after finally getting a Arlo Agent through the Chat Bot service. Yje Bot finally became frustrated with me. When chatting with the Arlo Agent, I was asked to verify my account email/phone and was told a Support Tech would call me within 5 minutes. I received a call! The Tech asked me to connect remotely with him. Stupidly, I did. He then told me my network was compromised, dozens of devices were using my Wifi. He then asked me for $199 to "secure" my network and monitor it. I said NO and ended the call. After going through Chat and getting a Arlo Agent a day later, I was told Arlo doesn't do what this "Tech" did, nor do the ask for money over a service call. The problem is, the Arlo Agent is the person who forwarded my phone number to whoever the "Tech" is. So, use extreme caution should you ever get to speak with an "Actual person" from Arlo Support. Also, I scanned my network.  The "Tech" lied to me. He also installed software on my PC. Just be extremely cautious if and when you speak to an "Actual person" from Arlo.