Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Gracie2196
Aspirant
Aspirant
Why is the Arlo security system such limited to only use Alexa and not Google or Siri? Plus no CVR plan available for it starting to think I chose the wrong security camera company.
5 REPLIES 5
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Gracie2196 wrote:
Why is the Arlo security system such limited to only use Alexa and not Google or Siri? Plus no CVR plan available for it starting to think I chose the wrong security camera company.

Other Model Arlo cams do have CVR.  The Essential is just like it's name a basic cheaper model but does work with Google per the product page.  The Pro4 that also connects directly to WIFI may have been a better choice for you but you need a Hub/base for CVR. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dcfox1 wrote: but you need a Hub/base for CVR. 

And the camera needs to be AC powered.

Gracie2196
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have it directly ac power connected to it even though it has a battery I keep it plugged in because of where it is installed at. So ac power is a check. Next thing what it already uploads direct to the server.
Gracie2196
Aspirant
Aspirant
If I need a hub or anything it shouldn't need to update to there server just record it to my own
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Gracie2196 wrote:
If I need a hub or anything it shouldn't need to update to their server just record it to my own

You'd think so, but that isn't the case.

But in general, I think the issue is that CVR isn't available on the Arlo Essential cameras.