Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

When Arlo is recording and IFTTT triggers another recording action, it seems not working.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
msazone
Luminary
Luminary

I created an IFTTT trigger that when my SkyBell is pressed, record Arlo for 30 sec.

When someone walks to my front door, the Arlo can detect the motion then record for 10 sec. After it starts recording, the person reaches the front door then press Skybell. Now the IFTTT trigger fires requesting Arlo to record for 30 sec. Since the current 10 sec recording has not yet been finished, it seems like the IFTTT action is skipped even I receive the firing notification from IFTTT.

Any idea if we can dynamically update recording time on the fly?

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

msazone,

It sounds like the IFTTT trigger is failing due to the recording already being active (Arlo 10s recording rule is triggered). Try disarming the camera and then test to see if the IFTTT recipe triggers the recording when the camera is disarmed to make sure the IFTTT recipe is working.

Outside the use of an IFTTT recipe, recording length is determined by the rule being triggered. This can only be changed by editing the rule.

JamesC

steve_t
Master Master
Master

It won't dynamically update, sorry

I'd change the Arlo rule to record for 40s instead of 10. If for any reason the arlo didn't detect the motion, you'd still have the IFTTT trigger a 30s record. Either that or turn off the arlo motion sensing altogether so it's only triggered by the skybell.

Any new actions will only be triggered if the camera is in standby mode