VMB5000 lost HomeKit connectivity after firmware update

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Arlo_Wiz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any ideas how to reconnect my Arlo VMB500 to HomeKit since a recent firmware update. Cameras work fine in the Arlo app, but don't show up in HomeKit and the options in the Arlo app are gone as well. I can't do anything to resolve this that I can see, regardless of restarts or power cycling the unit.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I reset the token again, can you reboot the base station and re-install the Arlo app and try again.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have reset your HomeKit token, Please reboot your Base Station or Smart Hub and try again.

Thank you

Arlo_Wiz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unfortunately I haven't seen any changes on my end. I restarted the unit and also power cycled the unit when that didn't result in any changes. The cameras are still listed in HomeKit but are unreachable even though they are active in the Arlo app, but the App has no options for HomeKit anymore anywhere. My app version is 4.5 and the firmware on the VMB5000 is 1.21.1.0_1429_898b168.

The only thing I haven't tried is a full reset of the unit, but I really don't want to have to rebuild everything unless it is a desperate measure of last resort.

Anything else I might be missing?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I reset the token again, can you reboot the base station and re-install the Arlo app and try again.

Arlo_Wiz
Aspirant
Aspirant

This seems to have solved the problem. I can see them in HomeKit again the option in the app is there for configuration. 

Thank you very much.