Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

spatel9114
Follower
Follower
I’ve set up my VMB4000 Base station with 1 Arlo Pro camera and 3 Arlo Essential cameras, and when I try and configure HomeKit on the base station, it gets stuck on the discovering step and won’t actually connect. Can I get some help?
783 REPLIES 783
AndyHagon
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi there,

I have the same problem with my VMB400r3 and the Uncertified Accessory error when trying to add to HomeKit. Are you able to help me in the same way you’ve helped others?
TIA, Andy
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

boomi09, theomega, AndyHagon

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

PNW-User
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've just stumbled upon this after giving up months ago. Could you please send a token reset request to my base station as well to remedy this issue. Thank You for your time. 

Edgarsami
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have problems connecting to the base VMB4000r3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

PNW-User, Edgarsami

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

Gregav8
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello I have the same issue with HomeKit. Can you fix mine as well. Thank You James
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Gregav8,

JamesC

Nick12345
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JamesC,

Can you please send my base station a token reset? Thank you very much.

Best,

Nick

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nick12345,

JamesC

Nick12345
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks so much for the quick response James! Your token reset technique worked perfectly and I no longer get the "uncertified accessory" HomeKit error message that I had for months.

Is it possible for you to inform the rest of the Arlo support infrastructure on how to perform the token reset? Before I posted in this forum I had a very frustrating time trying to get the email and live chat support representatives to try this method. They kept asking me to perform troubleshooting steps that did not work, even though I kept sending links to discussions that mentioned a "token reset" being the answer. I just think it might help other people if this solution were more widely known and more accessible. Thank you.

CMIRE
Aspirant
Aspirant

this one is having the same issue.  reset token please...  serial: 4R05797LA56B0 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CMIRE,

JamesC

Higarran
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi

I receive an uncertified device error when trying to add my Arlo pro to apple’s HomeKit. I noticed that you were able to help others with a ticket reset and was hoping that you would be able to help me also.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Higarran,

JamesC

mendca
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can you please help me too, I’m having the same “uncertified accessory” issue .
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mendca,

JamesC

mendca
Aspirant
Aspirant
Jdub25
Aspirant
Aspirant
Looks like there’s. Solution for this problem that requires a token from Arlo. Can you please help with this update on my decide. Thanks.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jdub25,

JamesC

aemion
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

My efforts are failing as well with the "uncertified accessory". Could you please send a token to my base station?

Thanks in advance!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

aemion,

JamesC

Jdub25
Aspirant
Aspirant
ryarber
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue. Could you send mine a token also?

Renot67
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JamesC

Can I get this reset token also? 🙏

Thanks

Paul

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Renot67,

JamesC