Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

spatel9114
Follower
Follower
I’ve set up my VMB4000 Base station with 1 Arlo Pro camera and 3 Arlo Essential cameras, and when I try and configure HomeKit on the base station, it gets stuck on the discovering step and won’t actually connect. Can I get some help?
783 REPLIES 783
StLe
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem. @JamesC please send me a token. Thanks.

jqnchvz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you very much @JamesC ! It's working now.

StLe
Aspirant
Aspirant
TitoToivola
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi. I need a new token too if that fixes the problem to not be able to setup homekit.
theomega
Star
Star

M also getting this same “uncertified” error, can I please get the same reset?

Hyacinthus
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi James,
Ive been having this issue since I bought the system a couple years ago. Can I get the update as well.

Thanks!
Alex
Inkslinginmofo7
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi James. Whatever I did didn’t work last time so I thought I’d specify my model this time. VMB4500R2. Can u please try the token request again?
tonywalker23
Aspirant
Aspirant
What token thing James can fix please add me to the list to fix it. I tried when the news first released they added support for HomeKit then I gave up. Just thought about it again and seems like the forum is not as frustrated 🙂 thanks
Inkslinginmofo7
Aspirant
Aspirant
I inititially purchased the arlo pro 2 kit with 4 cameras and it registered fine the first time with Apple HomeKit when I added it. However my dumb self removed the hub from Apple home kit using the HomeKit app. Instead of the arlo app. No when I reconnect it, it tells me that this is an uncertified HomeKit accessory and may not work reliably, would I like to connect anyways?. I know it doesn’t give priority or features without it being recognized as a genuine certified Apple HomeKit accessory. Can u please help me fix this. Thank u
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TitoToivola, theomega, Hyacinthus, Inkslinginmofo7, tonywalker23

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

tonywalker23
Aspirant
Aspirant

Working good. Thanks!

mhugz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey team having the same issue. Can you help me too?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mhugz,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

BIACS317
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am not able to connect to HomeKit. My box did not contain any HomeKit setup numbers and when I try to connect the base station it says it that I have to update to the latest firmware

K0rn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @JamesC  may i ask you to send also a token reset request.

I have this problem since a long time and just discover this topic that seem to solve the non certified accessory message 

Thanks

Ztm1094
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey @JamesC could I also have a token reset for my base station? Thanks in advance!
isaaclimdc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey @JamesC I need a token reset for my base station as well, thanks!

StefanC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @JamesC ,

I need a token reset as well. Suffering from the same problem as everyone else.

Can you help me?

BIACS317
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having trouble with HomeKit setup. If you send a token would that fix the problem?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ztm1094, isaaclimdc, StefanC, BIACS317

JamesC

isaaclimdc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey James, is this supposed to help resolve the “Uncertified Accessory” warning? I’m able to “Add anyway” but is there a way to have these be certified?

Al_Mo
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am also have this issue. Can I please get a new token @JamesC
KASHIFAhmed
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi I’m having the same issue. I’ve checked firmware and tried to restart but no luck. Can I get the reset? Thank you!
Johm
Tutor
Tutor

James, we have not been able to setup our VMB000r3 base station with Homekit.

We tried for a long time when compatibility was announced, but have always gotten an error saying that the device is not certified.  We eventually gave up.  But I see here that you are able to send a new token and that fixes the issue.  If you would be so kind as to do that for us, we would surely be very grateful.

Thank you in advance,

John

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Al_Mo, KASHIFAhmed, Johm

JamesC