Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Trigger Recording With Alexa Routine

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jlbarstad
Follower
Follower

Is there a good way to trigger an Arlo recording from Alexa?

I can use IFTTT but would need to get the Pro version since I'll need several applets to achieve my overall system goals and because of the way it would have to be configured there might be considerable lag -- Hue motion sensor triggers Alexa routine that turns on Leviton smart switch for exterior lights which launches IFTTT applet to activate 30 second Arlo recording.

I'd prefer if I could just do it all within Alexa and it looks like I could do it all internally to SmartThings but haven't heard the greatest reviews of SmartThings reliability.  Open to other ideas or... could Arlo just add support for Alexa triggering a recording? This seems like a no brainer so I presume there must be something else keeping it from happening.

1 REPLY 1
Gsdwarf
Aspirant
Aspirant
I set mine through Samsung smart things. Unfortunately I have multiple "SMART" things from different companies so I do a lot of crossover bridging. SMART THINGS and TUYA. seem to be the best bridge builders so far, that (IFFETT【?] cant remember the app right now, braindamage) doesn't cost extra money.