Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Token reset

Discussion stats
Isotope1024
Aspirant
Aspirant

I need a Token reset for HomeKit no response resolution.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Isotope1024
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks that did the trick!

View solution in original post

36 REPLIES 36
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

Isotope1024
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks that did the trick!

Nicklas
Aspirant
Aspirant

Could you please send token reset to me to?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

snornado
Aspirant
Aspirant

please send a token reset.

HomeKit was connected but has stopped and discovery fails to find my hub.

Thanks,

Z

snornado
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC,

Please send a reset token for my Arlo hub.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

snornado,

JamesC

jensen18
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please reset my token as well. Homekit was set up and working but now I get no response on all devices. Any chance this will get added to the app so we can self serve?

Gavinbuch
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same problems - would be very grateful if you could reset for me as well 🙂

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jensen18, Gavinbuch

JamesC

Dsoso
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi can I get a HomeKit token reset?  Thanks.

Dsoso
Aspirant
Aspirant

You can disregard this request, I had support do it through chat.

Mdubis
Aspirant
Aspirant

I need a token reset as well. Thanks.

Nicklas
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, I need token reset, could you please help me?

thanks in advance 

ElixirThief
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please reset my HomeKit token. Stuck on “Discovering your devices”

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mdubis, Nicklas, ElixirThief

JamesC

Mdubis
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, James. That solved the problem. I appreciate your help.

Amaki164
Aspirant
Aspirant

I need a token reset. Is there not an easier way to remedy this problem, James?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Amaki164,

JamesC

Amaki164
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah that didn’t work either. Needless to say after 4-5 hours of messing around, it’ll just be easier to return them for something that actually works. A reset token? Who the hell does that? You guys have failed miserably in progressing as a company. And customer service is an effing joke. How is it so hard to have something work reliably ? #arloblows

Amaki164
Aspirant
Aspirant

James can you issue me a Return Merchandise Authorization for this junk? Or what are you going to do to fix this as it’s clearly an issue on this forum over the last 3 years. It’s worthless to me if it doesn’t work in HomeKit. Please reply promptly as it’s a nice warm week to rip these things down. 

hhzhao
Star
Star

Hi James, 

I have the same issue and have a question about that as well. I have 4 Smart Hub (5000 series). I have one already working with HomeKit without any problem. Today, I am trying to add another one to HomeKit, that is when I noticed “unable to add this accessory” message. I then tried another one, it was the same error. I am wondering if that was due to the new HomeKit architecture that was originally introduced with iOS 16.3, for which I have already upgrade to the new architecture before Apple removed upgrade. Now my question to you is: when you send new token to the hub, is it for individual hub, or it will goes to my all 4 hubs? If so, would that break up the one that is already integrated in HomeKit and is currently working?

thank you for your support. Based on my reading, seems reset token is the only solution for this issue, right?

Amaki164
Aspirant
Aspirant

James, is your only job to send out token resets? Where do I get an RMA or an actual fix to this constant problem? Aren't y'all a bit embarrassed with the backlash lately? Step it up a notch maybe? Don’t know how I missed all the negative reviews prior to purchasing. Never seen a brand bashed so much online. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

hhzhao, Amaki164

If you're still experiencing the issue after this reset, I encourage you to reach out to the Arlo support team to investigate further. You can do this using the Arlo Secure mobile app by navigating to Settings > Support and opening a ticket.

JamesC