Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Token Reset for Apple HomeKit

Discussion stats
FrankTXD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can I get a token reset as well?

Firmware: 1.17.0.0_3827_6ba79e5
Hardware:VMB4500r2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi FrankTXD, AndrevS, Fellini, and John96,

I've sent a token reset request to your Base Station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your Base Station (remove and reapply power) and allow the Base Station to come back online. Then make sure that you have the latest version of the Arlo iOS app and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

View solution in original post

41 REPLIES 41
AndrevS
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Jessica

Can you please send me a token as well?

VMB4000r3

Thank you

Andre 

Fellini
Tutor
Tutor

Hi! It's still the same issue here. I've rebooted the system, trying to add HomeKit, the circle is just spinning around again. Can you try to send a token again or is there something else I can do? I've made sure everything is upgraded accordingly and followed all the other instructions.  

John96
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Arlo, 

Could I please get a token reset, it stopped working with my homekit and I removed it. Now I am stuck on discovering devices. 

Thanks
John

Fellini
Tutor
Tutor
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi FrankTXD, AndrevS, Fellini, and John96,

I've sent a token reset request to your Base Station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your Base Station (remove and reapply power) and allow the Base Station to come back online. Then make sure that you have the latest version of the Arlo iOS app and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

AndrevS
Tutor
Tutor
Hi

That did not work for me. I then tried removing my base and adding it back…but still same problem.
Fellini
Tutor
Tutor
Sorry but it doesn’t work. No change.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey AndrevS and Fellini,

I've sent a token reset request to your Base Station again. Try rebooting your Base Station (remove and reapply power) and allow the Base Station to come back online again. Then make sure that you have the latest version of the Arlo iOS app and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

If you're still having problems trying to add Apple HomeKit to your Arlo system, please let me know.

John96
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi it works now for me. Thank you

AndrevS
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Jessica

Still same problem. Powered off and rebooted.

I go to Settings - My Devices - Select base station - Select Homekit setup

It then immediately opens a screen "Discovering your device. Please wait." 

And it never gets beyond that point.

My Firmware is 1.17.0.0

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey AndrevS,

Have you tried rebooting your router/modem to see if that might resolve the issue?

Fellini
Tutor
Tutor

Hadn't tried that before but rebooted now and still the same result. Never gets passed the circle spinning around. Any other suggestions? 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Fellini,

When you said you rebooted now, are you saying you rebooted your Base Station and/or modem/router? Make sure your iOS devices are is on the same network as your Arlo device.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi AndrevS & Fellini,

If you still have problems even after rebooting your Base Station and modem/router and making sure your iOS device is on the same network as your Arlo devices, we suggest for you to do a factory reset, which you can refer to here: How to factory reset Arlo devices.

Afterwards, try adding your Arlo system to Apple HomeKit with the given instructions here: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

Otherwise, please navigate to Settings > Support in the Arlo App for service options available to you.

Fellini
Tutor
Tutor

Yes I've rebooted everything. I should only have one wifi but is there a place in the app where I can see how the hub is connected to wifi? 

Fellini
Tutor
Tutor

I've restored everything to factory settings and installed everything again, taking all the cameras down, connecting them to the base hub and putting them up again, and still the same result. Is your suggestion now to go back to original support where I started? Aren't there any other tips on what could be wrong? I've followed every step suggested and have really spent a lot of time getting this to work and yet the result remains the same as day 1. 

Aspirant
Aspirant
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @8989

I have reset your HomeKit token, please reboot your base station and try again.

Thank you

amgarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm just now getting around to dealing with this.  same problem as others - when I use HomeKit, the preview screens for my cameras are showing old images and no longer update, BUT if I click on a specific camera, it does connect and show me a live view.

help?  thanks.

Fellini
Tutor
Tutor
Problem solved finally. Thanks for the help.
advmr
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can not connect to HomeKit … can I get a token reset please?

Vmb4000r3, firmware 1.17.00_3953_6ba79e5, serial number 4R05867LA39CA
AndrevS
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Jessica

I've restarted my router, restarted my TP Link mesh router, restarted my Arlo hub.

I've reset my Arlo hub to factory settings.

Added back my cameras

If I select Setup Homekit, I immediately get the attached  (no loading, no searching) popup.

It never gets past that, and it doesn't appear to be searching for anything.

thumbnail_IMG_0873.png
jmandersson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Jessica,

I've just bought a used pair of Arlo Ultras and they can't connect to Homekit. Everything is updated and they are on the sam network. I guess I need to ask for a "Token reset?"

Thanks, 

klphan870
Aspirant
Aspirant
My Arlo Pro has stopped working with HomeKit. It was previously added to HomeKit and working fine but over the last two weeks, HomeKit can’t connect and automation isn’t working. When I try to add HomeKit in the Arlo app again, it just sits doing nothing. I’ve tried rebooting, unplugging, nothing works.

I’ve seen other threads where Arlo was able to push a token to the base station to reset something. Can you do that for mine? Thanks!