Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

SmartThings integration failing (again)

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
dds82
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo Pro/Pro 2 cameras - SmartThings integration is only working in one direction. I can use SmartThings to turn the power to cameras on and off, but SmartThings doesn't receive any events from Arlo. I have tried the following:

- Turn a camera off from the Arlo app: SmartThings thinks it's still turned on

- Motion/Sound: SmartThings doesn't get these notifications

8 REPLIES 8
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @dds82

Are you still experiencing this issue with smart things? 

dds82
Tutor
Tutor

Hi @ShayneS 

Yes, I'm seeing very inconsistent reporting from Arlo to SmartThings. Some examples:

1) If I go to the Arlo app, and turn off a camera, the camera still shows as turned on in SmartThings... but if I do it the other way around (turn off the camera in SmartThings), it works as expected (the camera turns off in the Arlo app)

2) Motion and sound events are very inconsistent. I get some of them in SmartThings, but not all of them; and I don't always get the "no longer active" event. For example, one of my cameras in SmartThings reported that motion changed to active about 30 minutes ago. SmartThings never got a "motion is inactive" notification even though the Arlo app shows that motion is no longer active on that camera. (There's no way that camera is recording a 30+ minute motion event. That simply doesn't happen in that location.)

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Which version of the Arlo app are you using? 

dds82
Tutor
Tutor

4.0.2.1_28506

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is this with iOS or Android?

dds82
Tutor
Tutor

Android.

But the problem is with the SmartThings integration, not the Arlo app.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks, this helps for the developers on the backend. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have already provided the info to the dev team, just wanted to check in with you to see if this is still happening? 

Thanks