Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Samsung Smartthings can't record in local storage?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mfaraz89
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi
My free Arlo subscription is over and I am now looking to use the local record option via USB connected to Arlo base station. However this only works when recorded via Arlo app. When I set a trigger in ST app to record, it doesn't record anymore.

Is this a known limitation ? Is recording via ST only with Arlo subscription?

5 REPLIES 5
dcfox1
Master
Master

Can't say for sure but not sure if ST can access local recordings like the Arlo app which would make sense. Can't say for sure so somebody correct me if I am wrong. You can read the the pinned ST thread here at the top that may address that. 

mfaraz89
Aspirant
Aspirant
So the expectation is not that ST can access local storage but trigger recording so that it can be recorded locally in the USB attached to base station.

With arlo subscription, ST trigger for recording is recorded in the cloud so I never really used local storage until free subscription got over
dcfox1
Master
Master

I had ST set up or a little then stopped using it but have a subscription and never tried to access local storage via ST app. Not sure if the Pinned link above addresses it or not. 

mfaraz89
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can't see a pinned thread 😞 can you paste the link in your reply pls ?
dcfox1
Master
Master

It s right at the top of Partner Integrations Forum  that you started this thread in. Just click on Partner Integrations. Here is the direct link. 

Arlo and Samsung SmartThings Integration Update - Arlo Community