Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Need HomeKit Token Reset/Refresh

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Ashleybarno
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, when I go to add my hub and camera to Homekit it gets stuck at "Discovering your device - Please wait"

Would you please reset or refresh my Homekit Token.

Thank you!

13 REPLIES 13
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ashleybarno,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

Ashleybarno
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. Didn’t seem to work. 

I restarted the hub and tried to reset it up with HomeKit per the instructions and it didn’t work. 

I removed the hub from my account and readded it to try again. Also didn’t work.

will you try to reset another token please.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've sent another token reset. Try again to see if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

Ashleybarno
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello. That still did not work.

After I select the Room I want the Hub attached too, I instantly receive "HomeKit Setup Failed"

IMG_1366.jpeg

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ashleybarno wrote:

That still did not work.

Did you reboot the base before trying again?

Ashleybarno
Aspirant
Aspirant

The first time Itried, no I forgot to reboot.

But I have rebooted twice in following attempts before posting here last time. 

ChrisChilds
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having the same problem. Can someone send my system a new token please?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ChrisChilds,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

Ashleybarno
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey James, i think you missed my message.

I think i need another refresh token. Still unable to connect my hub to HomeKit.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ashleybarno,

I've sent another token refresh to your base. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

Ashleybarno
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I followed the steps and was able to get through all the set up screens. I had a message that Arlo and Homekit were successfully bridged, but I do not see any devices in my Home app. 

When I go to my Home app on my iPhone, I do not see the base station or my hardwire doorbell camera in my home.

Here's screenshots of the Arlo app saying it's connected to HomeKit.

IMG_1392.jpegIMG_1393.jpeg

Ashleybarno
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello still looking for some support. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ashleybarno,

The doorbell needs to be synced to the base station to be able to integrated with HomeKit. If the doorbell is synced directly to your home network and not the base station, you will need to remove it and re-onboard it syncing it to the base station.

JamesC