Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion notifications not working on Google home and Alexa device. Will send notification on Echo.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Talal
Aspirant
Aspirant

Motion notifications don't work on google home or any alexa device. Ringing the doorbell will send a notification on an amazon echo but not google home. You also can't customize the tone for the motion notifications on the phone.

3 REPLIES 3
Talal
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the wired doorbell and I can't get alexa to announce motion. I toggle motion announcements on and it automatically toggles itself back off. I reset the doorbell, erased the alexa app, erased the device, etc... and nothing fixes it. Echo will announce if someone rings the doorbell but not if there's motion. I also can't get the alexa app to do anything on my phone. I also tried setting a routine and that still won't trigger it. having the same issue with google.

Talal
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the wired doorbell and I can't get google home to announce any motion or when someone rings the bell. I reset the doorbell,erased the device, etc... and nothing fixes it. 

I have it in my home, in a room on the app with voice notifications on.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Talal,

Try following the articles listed below to troubleshoot the problems you're having with receiving notifications on your Google Assistant device and Amazon Alexa device:

If you're still having trouble where it is not working properly, please navigate to Settings > Support in the Arlo App for service options available to you.