Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
TheJensen
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm building a home automation setup using Indigo Domotics and was wondering if there is a way to integrate my Arlo cameras into the control panels? The panels are simple Android tablets running a web/kiosk browser. I'm building my own control screens which consume HTML that Inigo publishes (via an iFrame) so any sort of HTML/XML/JavaScript output would be ideal.

Indigo offers a fairly robust plugin architecture so a published API could also work. And as a final option, the system runs on a Mac Mini so Apple Script triggers could be used for rudimentry prompts or something.

Has anyone done something like this before or have ideas for getting started?

How does the SmartThings integration work? Is there a potential datastream or hook that has been exposed for their integration?

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TheJensen,

The Live stream video feed can only be viewed through the mobile app or the web client at arlo.netgear.com

For more information on SmartThings integration, take a look at the following articles:

What is Samsung SmartThings, and how do I use it with my Arlo cameras?

How do I integrate my Arlo Wire-Free cameras into the Samsung SmartThings app?

JamesC

jlamkin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did you ever get Arlo camera working with your control pages? I am considering buying an Arlo kit, but integration with my Indigo system is a must.

TheJensen
Aspirant
Aspirant

I haven't yet, but I got distracted and haven't really put forth my best effort. The consensus seems to be that there is no great way to do it with the tools available, so I'm going to have to rig up something of my own.

What I'm hoping to do is to either trigger an AppleScript event from the App/Website or use the email that Arlo sends to trigger an HTML popup/overlay on the control page. From there I think I can drop an iFrame running from the Arlo website with my camera feeds and then apply some JavaScript and CSS to make the iFrame fit into the looks and feel of my control page.

The solution is definitely hacky and relies on a bunch of work outside of Indigo, but at the moment, I don't see an alternative. My biggest concern is the delay or lag time between when the camera is triggered and when the feed gets displayed on the page (especially if I have to resort to and email trigger). I'll report back on any progress if and when I get anywhere.