Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

IFTTT Recipe - <If Arlo detects motion, then Arlo starts recording.>

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
gilbo2
Luminary
Luminary

I have been using an IFTTT Recipe - <If Arlo detects motion, then Arlo starts recording.> to start my Arlo Q recording for 60 seconds if motion is detected on an Arlo wireless camera.

However, after a few hours the Arlo Q stops recording on motion (or manual recoding), although the CVR is fine. The only way to fix this is to restart the Arlo Q and then it works fine again.

Any ideas on how to resolve without restarting every few hours?

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

gilbo2,

You indicate that it also will not produce a manual recording when this happens. Do you get an error message when trying to manually record?

JamesC

gilbo2
Luminary
Luminary

Yes I do get an error, along the lines of recording not possible. When I restart the Arlo Q, recording funtionality is resumed.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

gilbo2,

This sounds like it could be an interference issue. Consider moving your Arlo Q closer to your router or the router closer to the Arlo Q. Try to limit any nearby wireless sources that could potentially be causing interference and be sure you have the best WiFi signal strength displayed in the Arlo interface.

JamesC

gilbo2
Luminary
Luminary

I understand where you are coming from with interference, but my camera has never had this problem in its current location and only ever happens if triggered by IFTTT a few times.