Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

IFTTT - Arlo, why not?

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
AZ_Life
Star
Star
My initially overly excited joy with arlo has been coming to a screeching halt lately.

Can you PLEASE support IFTTT like the rest of the smart home industry is moving to? I get the feeling arlo is going to be destroyed by competition is months to come if they continue the support/update/upgrade path they have.

It's incomprehensible how slow the app is to reach the arlo base station. Basic features that should have been standard out of the box we have no word on.

I'd like to stay with arlo, but you need to engage your customers and constantly be innovating.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We are excited to let the community know that IFTTT integration has been announced! For more information, take a look here: Introducing IFTTT Integration

JamesC

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
AZ_Life
Star
Star
I'll throw in another request for HomeKit support while I'm at it 🙂
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

AZ_Life wrote:
Can you PLEASE support IFTTT like the rest of the smart home industry is moving to?

According to an article on TechHive from November, IFTTT was supposed to be supported by Arlo in December. Here's the relevant snippet from the article:

Skripic also said Netgear will also offer IFTTT integration starting in December. “We want Arlo to integrate with other devices,” he said. “Turn on your Philips Hue or LIFX lights if motion is detected, for example. That’s a good deterrent feature. You’ll be able to archive video to your Dropbox account. It won’t be the same user experience as storing it in our cloud, but at least you get the video.”

So, I guess/hope they are just behind schedule.

AZ_Life
Star
Star
That is definitely encouraging news. Sure hope this gets implemented. That is exactly what I want it for, to integrate with Hue and Nest.

Thanks!
dubrex
Tutor
Tutor
Antiddote
Initiate
Initiate

Is it coming on April 1st?! Smiley LOL

coldcuppatea
Guide
Guide

I'd love to believe this but Netgear are one of the most unresponsive tech companies I've ever had the misfortune of buying from. I'm not really sure why they have staff posting on the forum. I'm pretty sure that the stock response of "we always listen to customers and I will pass this to the relevant product manager" actually means "I will print this off and use it to wipe my ***".

Rjseat
Aspirant
Aspirant
+1 for IfTTT integration.....
ewj1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a number of Arlo wireless and wired cameras but will be (most likely) selling them in the next few weeks. There is no support for ANY thing such as IFTTT, Homekit, or Amazon Echo. 

Each month we are told a new update is coming but it never does.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We are excited to let the community know that IFTTT integration has been announced! For more information, take a look here: Introducing IFTTT Integration

JamesC

ejo142015
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there a way to use the IFTTT Integration to get the app to use a custom sound when motion is detected, the app currently only makes the same notification sound as other apps on my phone, I would really like to have a custom sound come out of my phone for just the Arlo app.

Thanks in advance.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ejo142015,

Available Arlo recipes for IFTTT can be found by navigating to the Arlo Channel.

JamesC

WyldGinger
Aspirant
Aspirant

IS IFTTT supported with ARLO Q and Q Plus cameras?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

WyldGinger,

Yes, IFTTT recipes can be created for Arlo Wire-free as well as the Arlo Q and Q Plus.

JamesC