Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
Arlo homekit official update by anyone at arlo??
447 REPLIES 447
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

12alberto34,

We are actively working to launch this HomeKit capability. An announcement will be made when this is available.

JamesC

Alambix
Aspirant
Aspirant

Are you working for them? 🙂 

Commacausi
Guide
Guide

Thank you for your response. 

davidhildie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi -

I just got the Arlo Ultra + SmartHub and did all the updates (to camera and the hub).

I got a message asking if I wanted to give permission to Apple Home app (Homekit) when setting up -- so I said "Ok".

In the Home app, I can't figure out how to add the Arlo (cameras or the hub) to my Homekit devices. 

I've looked on the device themselves (camera and SmartHub), and on the documentation in the box, and can't find any of the info I need (ie. HomeKit Setup Code).

Any ideas?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

davidhildie,

We're working to release firmware updates to allow for this integration to take place. We will make an announcement when HomeKit integration is completed.

JamesC

MDNZ
Guide
Guide

Thanks @JamesC  for chiming in on discussion.  

Can you please provide a forecast date for the release?  Noted that the Arlo app was seeking HomeKit access yesterday.  Is this for initial beta testing?

If you are seeking beta testers is there an expression of interest?

cheers

Lagneaux
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

What about this announcement? Additional informations ? Dates ?

Arlo is taking advantage of the CES in Las Vegas to officially present its Arlo Ultra, a new alarm system, and announces the expected HomeKit compatibility (but not for all models).

The company also announces the arrival this month of HomeKit compatibility for Arlo Pro 2 and Arlo Ultra. The videos captured by the cameras will now be available via the "Home" application, and can be integrated into complex scenarios.

The iOS application will manage the enriched notifications, which can then be consulted on the Apple Watch with the appropriate subscription. Finally, Arlo unveils three new products, Siren, Sensor and Remote, to extend the Arlo ecosystem with a motion detector, alarm and remote control. This security pack will be available in the second half of 2019.

Thank you in advance for your replies

regards

Dom

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We're working to release firmware updates to allow for this integration to take place. We will make an announcement when HomeKit integration is completed.

JamesC

Lagneaux
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James

would you have an approximate date for the release of the firmware?

Regards

dom

jonesaus
Apprentice
Apprentice

Retailers are selling the devices stating it supports homekit...

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/arlo/arlo-ultra-4k-uhd-wire-free-security-camera-system-3-cameras-smart-hu... 

see the "Details" tab:

Connected home device type - Security cameras & systems

Wireless - True

Networkable - True

Rechargeable - True

Wi-Fi - Yes

Works with Google Assistant - True

Works with Apple HomeKit - True

Works with Amazon Alexa - True

Connected home features - Yes

Waterproof - True

Weatherproof - True

Motion detection - True

HD recording - True

Cameras included - 3

Night vision - True

Manufacturer's warranty - 2 Years

MDNZ
Guide
Guide
Would not trust any information from JBHifi
jonesaus
Apprentice
Apprentice

@MDNZ wrote:
Would not trust any information from JBHifi

yes, i agree, but thought id point it out to the Arlo rep so maybe they can get them to remove incorrect information

pinkoos
Apprentice
Apprentice

pinkoos
Apprentice
Apprentice
It's here...
adammiarka
Apprentice
Apprentice
Have you been able to add any cameras yet? Won’t discover either of my Pro 2 cams. Anybody have luck with Ultras?
pinkoos
Apprentice
Apprentice
I had attached a screenshot, but I don't think it's visible. Regardless, I think a firmware update is necessary b/c nobody can get HomeKit to recognize their cameras.
persianrunr
Aspirant
Aspirant
Crossing fingers this isn’t another tease and it’s actually coming in the next couple of days.
tsh49
Initiate
Initiate

I think the homekit update just rolled out because my arlo app greeted me with a homekit screen to add the cameras. 

SillySam
Apprentice
Apprentice
Nothing for me yet hopefully will work soon but firmware was updated earlier today for me..
jdarmstrong
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here, Arlo Pro 2 is not discoverable for HomeKit setup. I’ve checked the firmware on all camera and base.
Commacausi
Guide
Guide

Thank you for posting this news. I'm sure there are many of us that have been waiting to hear that this feature is now available to Apple Users.

DeeZuL
Aspirant
Aspirant
I got the same message but it’s detecting my cameras. I’m one of the early adopters so I have a Pro 2 kit that came with a VMB4000r3. My Firmware is 1.12.2.0_2794.
Hopefully I don’t have to buy a new base station for it to work properly.
SillySam
Apprentice
Apprentice
My base is showing firmware 1.12.1.7_32817 and no option in Arlo app to add to HomeKit
Glix
Apprentice
Apprentice

I still have access to add HomeKit cameras in the App. This I assume is because I have the Arlo Baby, which I only purchased to replace the Arlo Q in one specific part of my residence. This transasction was based on the fact the press release noted only Baby, Ultra and Pro 2 would support HomeKit. So the Q, Pro and Original cameras are not compatible....

So I guess we have to wait, even longer for firmware to rollout to the Ultra and Pro 2 to enable support.....

Image-1.jpeg

jdarmstrong
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same model and firmware @DeeZuL and I was not able to add the camera to HomeKit at all today, they were not detected. Now I’m checked my base and the HomeKit setup option has been removed, however I’m still on the same firmware.