Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
Arlo homekit official update by anyone at arlo??
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

HomeKit is now available for Pro and Pro 2 cameras, for more information on this and how to set up with HomeKit, take a look here: Apple HomeKit is now compatible with Arlo Pro and Pro 2 cameras!

10/22 update:

Great news! Apple HomeKit is now supported on Arlo Ultra cameras!

For more information, take a look here: Apple HomeKit is now supported on Arlo Ultra cameras

JamesC

JamesC

View solution in original post

447 REPLIES 447
dj3w3ll1
Apprentice
Apprentice
@JamesC

Just wondering when the firmware update will be pushed to enable Apple HomeKit Support? Some reports from CES stated Arlo will push the HomeKit firmware update by the end of January. Is this true? If so, is Arlo on track to do this without delay?

Thanks,

D
Ender911
Initiate
Initiate

I am also waiting for HomeKit before pulling the trigger on my purchase.  Any update on the firmware push for this?

SammyNZ
Star
Star

Same here, after all the failed promises from Ring and others I'm also waiting for them to deploy the firmware before committing. 

I do have high hopes though as the Arlo Baby is pretty much stable (and with faster stream access) on HomeKit.

We barely use the Arlo app unless we want to look at previous recordings.

I wouldn't hold out for Q1 release though as it appears that they still have the basics to sort out and from what I see (with @JamesC being crazy active recently Smiley Happy) they're working quickly to deliver on the initial offering. 

Technojames
Apprentice
Apprentice
My last post was moved by an admin but nobody responded.

Where is Homekit? When is it going to be released?

I’ll just keep posting this until I get a response.
Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
I have the same question!
ukaussie7
Initiate
Initiate
Hi there,

I’m new to the community so apologies if this has already been covered off... I’ve just invested in the Ultra cameras and this decision was based on Apple HomeKit integration but cannot find any details other than the press release in Jan 19, does anyone have further information on when the firmware update is scheduled please..?

Much appreciated, cheers,
J.
Kabbachi
Star
Star
Don’t expect anything from a company with unreliable products
MORGiON666
Star
Star

Some communication about this would be nice

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Question too cryptic.

What are you asking about?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
BeasleyFamily
Initiate
Initiate
Looks like they flaked on the HomeKit update. I’ll be bringing back the stuff that’s still returnable.
Commacausi
Guide
Guide

I believe why this is being asked is your statement at CES 2019 said you’d be supporting Homekit by the end of Q1. Yesterday being March 31 was the end of Q1 so we your customer base would have expected you to have kept your promise or released a statement updating it. We should not be having to even ask this question. Now, get on with it and stop looking like fools. What is the eta of you supporting Homekit? IRIS shutdown yesterday and a lot of us are looking for a replacement for our cameras. Its not going to be Arlo if your not supporting Homekit because for many of us we’re not purchasing until we see you keep your word. Q1 come and gone and your not communicating. Is this a harbinger of things to come it we choose your system? Please update all of us!

@Cwmmmm wrote:
Arlo homekit official update by anyone at arlo??

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Thanks. I had no idea what Homekit referred to. Actually, I am not much wiser now. I presume that it is some brand of IoT stuff. Apple?

@Commacausi wrote:

I believe why this is being asked is your statement at CES 2019 said you’d be supporting Homekit by the end of Q1.

I have no idea who "your" refers to.

You should know that this community is essentially a user-to-user venue with some input from a small band of Arlo techies. Their task is to help users to fix technical issues. They may know about other stuff, but you won't see them commenting much here. 

Most of the answers come from fellow users who have no connection with Arlo. They just have a lot of collective experience and are familiar with the sort of problems that turn up here.

Given that the Ultra launch was pushed back to last week, I suspect that there has been some "mission slip".

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
It’s so pitiful
Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
Considering that everyone from arlo sees all this heat about HomeKit and haven’t responded I’m super disappointed.
Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
I will be selling all of my equipment too, going to go with logi circle.
mikejd1
Star
Star

I opened the arlo app this morning and was promoted with an iOS message asking if arlo could get permission to “Home” for HomeKit.

MORGiON666
Star
Star

Yep just got the same update, rebooted my ultra multiple times already hoping for a firmware update to go with it, no luck so far ☹️

KingBowser64
Star
Star
I got the HomeKit prompt in the Arlo app today too.
Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
So does this mean homekit is here? Unfortunately I’m not home will homekit only work over local internet?
KingBowser64
Star
Star
I don’t believe HomeKit is here just yet, sadly. Allowing Arlo to access HomeKit data has in fact added it to the other devices that allow HomeKit access, but within the Arlo and Home apps there is no way to add the devices to HomeKit yet. Hopefully this means that HomeKit support is coming sooner rather than later with firmware updates for the base station and cameras.
Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
Awesome! Even though not done in q1 maybe it will be done early q2! Fingers crossed
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting us know. We apologize for this inconvenience. The in-app popup message you received after the update is an error. We are currently working to resolve this issue immediately.

We are actively working to launch this capability and will let you know when it’s available.

JamesC

KingBowser64
Star
Star
Oh dang, that’s severely disappointing. Hopefully Arlo pulls through and actually delivers HomeKit, unlike some other companies (Ring), since I purchased this product specifically due to HomeKit integration. For example, I want to utilize HomeKit automations with Arlo and the Rachio 3 system to ward off any sort of potential unwanted activity at night with my sprinkler system.

If Arlo has a Beta test for HomeKit (which I highly recommend after being a sort of Beta tester for the Arlo Ultra cameras and their original launch), I would love to be a part of that.
12alberto34
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello, I am planning on using arlo ultra as security cameras for outdoors, but I am interested in Homekit support. Will it swill be a thing? I don’t want to buy it and they never add it.