HomeKit setup can not find device

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Ron247
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've recently made changes to my home network and have deleted the Arlo cameras from my HomeKit setup.  When I attempt to setup HomeKit again in the Arlo app, the app gets stuck when trying to find devices.  I've seen others with this problem that have requested an updated token to get them going again.  Could you please update my token?  Thanks!!!

Ron

3 REPLIES 3
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions

:How do I connect my Arlo device to Apple HomeKit?

https://kb.arlo.com/000063184

Ron247
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello BrookeN,

Thanks for sending token reset request. After restarting my base station, the Arlo app was still not able to find the Arlo base station and cameras during HomeKit setup. I did get it to work though, and I'll describe what I did below to help others who may encounter such an issue.

Thanks again for your help,

Ron

The Complete Story to Help Others...

I had an Apple Time Capsule WiFi router that was serving my home with a WiFi network with internet coming into the Time Capsule from a Comcast modem with a build-in router. Arlo was setup on the WiFi network and the bridge to HomeKit was working.

Recently I've decided to use the WiFi capabilities in the Comcast router, and shut down the Apple Time Capsule WiFi network. The Apple Time Capsule was still on the network through a cabled connection, but now with its WiFi turned off. The Arlo base station was connected to the Time Capsule with an ethernet cable as it always had been. At this point, the Arlo app was working and I could see the cameras. I was not, however, able to get the HomeKit bridge working.  Every time I tried, the Arlo app would get to the point where it was looking for Arlo devices to add to HomeKit, but the searching for devices seemed stuck without finding anything.

To get things working, I found that I had to enable enable the "DNS and NAT" option on the Time Capsule's network setup. It was previously set to "OFF". Now the HomeKit bridge setup works.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for sharing that information. That will come in helpful for other users.