Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

HomeKit cameras not responding

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
mikencheese
Aspirant
Aspirant

I set up my cameras with HomeKit last week and they were working, but today all the cameras show as not responding. I am able to see the cameras fine in the Arlo app on iPhone.

11 REPLIES 11
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mikencheese,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

mikencheese
Aspirant
Aspirant

That did not work. I'm not sure maybe I was supposed to remove from HomeKit first? I have now removed from HomeKit, reset, and tried to re-add, but HomeKit cannot see the device, either through Home or the Arlo App. 

mikencheese
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi can we try this again?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mikencheese,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

mikencheese
Aspirant
Aspirant

I rebooted the base station, but still cannot connect. I am stuck on the screen that says "discovering your device. Please wait". I am still able to see all my cameras in the app.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mikencheese,

You may need to factory reset and re-onboard your base station. Note that this will require you to also re-sync all of your cameras as if they were new.

JamesC

mikencheese
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did a factory reset and I'm still stuck on the "discovering device" screen in the app.

mikencheese
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I am still waiting on an answer for this. I just did another factory reset and still stuck on the "discovering device" when trying to connect homekit

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mikencheese,

I've sent another token reset to your base station. Try again to see if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

Ming-hope
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

could I have the token reset for my HomeKit please? Every time I have to reorganize homekit, it seems Arlo doesn’t understand and freezes.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ming-hope,

JamesC