Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Granting access to Local library.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
HugoKr
Guide
Guide

iPhone OS, Arlo Pro VWB5000 , 5 x  Arlo 4 pro cameras

In your documentation it states the granted access allows viewing library videos.

https://www.arlo.com/en_dk/support/faq/1103229/What-privileges-do-my-friends-have-when-I-grant-them-...

Despite that my wife has no access to stored library. The screen is locked with a message about your Cloud storage (Learn more) and no way to cancel that dialogue, which results in no access to the local SD library.

Notifications show up and are highlighted but no access and no way to clear the notifications.

This does leave a bad taste and I find this system without a very costly subscription severely handicapped.

I am not interested in subscription and it is not conditional according to your documentation.

Are you able to provide a solution as per your documentation?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

All library content is stored within the cloud. Locally stored content is not stored in the library and thus is not available for users who are granted access. I understand that many users who utilize local storage today have requested this feature and we have shared this feedback internally with the development team but I do not have any additional information at this time.

JamesC

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Dannybear
Master
Master
HugoKr
Guide
Guide

This does not address the issue. The documentation states that

"Friends with or without access rights can:
Play and view library content"

Dannybear
Master
Master
I will tag the moderators, @JamesC and @ShayneS to further address your request.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

All library content is stored within the cloud. Locally stored content is not stored in the library and thus is not available for users who are granted access. I understand that many users who utilize local storage today have requested this feature and we have shared this feedback internally with the development team but I do not have any additional information at this time.

JamesC

Willie5
Aspirant
Aspirant

That discussion, https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-3/Grant-Access-to-Local-Storage/m-p/1801757?gclid=CjwKCAjwk_W..., was 2 years ago, Arlo documentation is unchanged, why is this still being debated? Or did I hopefully miss an update?

HugoKr
Guide
Guide

James,

I disagree with your interpretation. The interface of the Arlo application includes a "library" selection. Under the library selection are two options, Cloud and the Arlo SD card. Both options contain "library" of recordings.

The documentation is erroneous, available features stated that are not available. 

Strictly speaking this is in breach of consumer law in many countries.

Stated features are why people buy products. I request that Arlo reconsiders enabling this feature as per the documentation.