Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Google Home Control issue

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Sam1Cohen
Aspirant
Aspirant
Any ideas?

Arlo camera question please.
I just got a 2 camera Arlo system and both are setup and working as expected.
However I can only get 1 to stream to my Chromecast.
I added them to Google home and put one in a room called "deck" and one in a room called "front yard".
When I ask Google to stream front yard to TV it works perfectly.
When I ask it to stream "deck" it gives me suggestions on videos to show but doesn't show the camera.
Any ideas on what to try? I already removed the Arlo from my Google home and added it back, still the same issue.

Edit:. Still stumped. (Day 2)
Today I reset the hub, removed it from my account, removed all from Google home.
Then I did a hard reset (at least I think I did) of the hub, readded it to my account and resynced the cameras.
Then I readded them to home.
I'm still only able to view one of the cameras in Chromecast. I added both to the same room and nothing, I put only the one in a room and it worked and the other didn't.
3 REPLIES 3
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

I don't use Google Home, I use Amazon Echo and SmartThings, but the only thing I can think of is that Google doesn't like the name you called your camera. Could the the room name deck, but if you put both in the same room and the "deck camera" still doesn't work, it could be the camera name. Only reason I say this is because I had a situation where I had a SmartThings device setup in Echo and no matter what whenever I asked Alexa to turn the device on it would always say, you have multiple devices with that name (even though I don't), or it would play a song that has a similar name. I finally changed the name and it started working like it should. Don't know if it'll help, but worth a shot.

Sam1Cohen
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks, I tried renaming the device in case and that didn't do it either.
I'm starting to think the camera is defective.
Do you know of a way to force a firmware update? I think something went wrong when I set them up.
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

I don't know of any way to force a firmware update or to do the update yourself. Factory reset of base should make it redownload any firmware updates, but idk if that updates the camera firmware as well or not.