Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Getting motion alert notifications on phone but 5% less on Amazon Alexa

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
bmwdriver7175
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have Amazon Alexa and Arlo and I have notifications turned on in the Alexa App for each of my cameras.  Every once in a great while I will get an announcement about motion detected but 95% of the time I do not get the announcement from Alexa, I do get it on my phone, but NOT Alexa.  So why does it only work 5% or less of the time?  Is there something I am missing or is it just a poor implementation of the skill?

2 REPLIES 2
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey bmwdriver7175,

Try to disable and re-enable the Alexa skill to see if that helps with Alexa announcing motion is detected. You can read here to make sure that you set the motion detection properly on your Amazon Alexa: How do I trigger an Amazon Alexa device when motion is detected on my Arlo camera?

If that doesn't help, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

bmwdriver7175
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks that did not do anything. Yesterday I got a notification but it missed a dozen others. Not sure what support can do if it was a setup issue it would never work the fact that it works sometimes tells me it’s not a setup issue but a software issue either in the skill or the arlo firmware. So add it to the list of many things that don’t work. Just curious how long does it take to fix something? So many issues out there for months and even years and nothing getting done. I had hoped for much better from ARLO.