Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Does Google Nest Hub tell when Arlo Pro 2 senses motion? Or only function is to view live feed?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Mide_
Guide
Guide

Hi!

Does the Google Nest Hub tell you when Arlo Pro 2 senses acitvity on the camera when they are linked? Or does it only have the function to let you view live feed when you tell it to?

When I search the forums and Internet I can only find that you can tell the hub that you want to see live feed on any camera, but I cant find any information about Google Nest Hub can verbally tell you that you have acitivity on your cameras.

I've seen that other camera brands have this integration and I want to be sure that Arlo has the same function before buying Google Nest Hub.

BR

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm a n00bie on Nest hub stuff but it appears that you can only stream the camera at this time - just tried it.

Mide_
Guide
Guide
Thanks for the answer jguerdat!

That was disappointing to hear. I really hoped that the Hub could tell you when Arlo has activity.

Does anybody know if this will be possible in near future?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since we don't know if the issue is on the Arlo or Google side (or both) there's no clear path for us peons to even be able to guess at any changes.

Mide_
Guide
Guide
Does Arlo support reply in these forums, or is it just for us members?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Mide_,

Currently, you can use Google Assistant devices to show your live feed from your Arlo camera. You can read more about it here: Arlo Now Works with the Google Assistant