Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
topcat1962
Follower
Follower

Two questions here:

1. Where can I see a complete list of the voice commands that Alexa recognizes? I understand the latest app update enables an ARM/DISARM command with a PIN. I've tried about every combination of commands but Alexa says "Arlo doesn't support that." I have a feeling I'm not saying the right words.
  2. Is it possible to tile multiple cameras on an Alexa-supported video device (Fire TV, Echo Show, etc.)? If not, I believe this is a very important display option – especially if you are trying to monitor multiple cameras during break-in or similar incident.

Thanks for your attention.

1 REPLY 1
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi topcat1962,

1. You can see which Alexa commands work with the Arlo cameras here:

• Alexa, arm <Arlo SmartHub or base station name>.
    Alexa arms the devices connected to this SmartHub or base station.
  • Alexa, disarm <Arlo SmartHub or base station name>.
    Alexa asks for your PIN. After you say the correct Assistant PIN, Alexa disarms the devices connected to this SmartHub or base station.
  • Alexa, show me <camera name>.
    Use this command to start streaming a camera live. 
  • Alexa, stop.
    Use this command to stop an activity and return to your device’s home screen.
  • Alexa, hide <camera name>.
    Use this command to stop streaming from a camera and return to your device’s home screen.
  • Alexa, go home.
    Use this command to return to your device’s home screen.

2. It is not possible to tile multiple cameras on an Alexa-supported video device but you can do this on the Arlo web client on your computer.