Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Complete list of voice commands that Alexa recognizes and multiple camera on Alexa video device?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
topcat1962
Follower
Follower

Two questions here:

1. Where can I see a complete list of the voice commands that Alexa recognizes? I understand the latest app update enables an ARM/DISARM command with a PIN. I've tried about every combination of commands but Alexa says "Arlo doesn't support that." I have a feeling I'm not saying the right words.
  2. Is it possible to tile multiple cameras on an Alexa-supported video device (Fire TV, Echo Show, etc.)? If not, I believe this is a very important display option – especially if you are trying to monitor multiple cameras during break-in or similar incident.

Thanks for your attention.

1 REPLY 1
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi topcat1962,

1. You can see which Alexa commands work with the Arlo cameras here:

• Alexa, arm <Arlo SmartHub or base station name>.
    Alexa arms the devices connected to this SmartHub or base station.
  • Alexa, disarm <Arlo SmartHub or base station name>.
    Alexa asks for your PIN. After you say the correct Assistant PIN, Alexa disarms the devices connected to this SmartHub or base station.
  • Alexa, show me <camera name>.
    Use this command to start streaming a camera live. 
  • Alexa, stop.
    Use this command to stop an activity and return to your device’s home screen.
  • Alexa, hide <camera name>.
    Use this command to stop streaming from a camera and return to your device’s home screen.
  • Alexa, go home.
    Use this command to return to your device’s home screen.

2. It is not possible to tile multiple cameras on an Alexa-supported video device but you can do this on the Arlo web client on your computer.