Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This week Arlo released Apple HomeKit integration for Arlo Pro and Pro 2 cameras. Please join Greg Falgiano, director of product management for software services at 10AM PT this Fri 8/09/19 as he shares the highlights of this update and takes your questions about HomeKit integration.

Greg will be live in this Arlo Community discussion thread from 10AM PT to 11AM on Friday 8/09/19. We will leave this thread open until the end of the day for you to post questions if you can’t make it during the live chat. Greg will come back and respond to the questions you leave outside the time of our scheduled chat.

Bio Pic.jpg

Greg Falgiano is the Director of Product Management for Software Services at Arlo Technologies where he is responsible for the company’s Arlo Smart services business, program management and key partnerships. Prior to Arlo he worked in the consumer electronics and IP phone industries. Throughout his career, he has held roles in Product Management, Channel Marketing, Marketing Communications and Business Development.

We look forward to having you join the conversation!

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Arlo-Greg
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for participating today everyone! Great feedback on HomeKit features and it looks like a lot of the community members have had a chance to dive in deep on the feature set. It's also great to see community members sharing solutions. We really appreciate that!

I'm signing off for today, but I'll be back online to respond to more questions over the next few days.

Greg Falgiano,

Director of Product Management, Software Services

View solution in original post

72 REPLIES 72
SammyNZ
Star
Star
Now that HomeKit has been rolled out to the older models (and eventually Ultra), does Arlo have any announcement to support HomeKit Secure Video or is this not in your business model?
jfabula1
Initiate
Initiate
Why is my basestation midel mvb4000r3 not recognized by homekit
Hoity-Toity
Guide
Guide
krypttic
Luminary
Luminary

Homekit support is welcome and overdue, but still seems half-baked.  In particular:

- When I set up my six Pro 2 camera motion sensors in Homekit, they all had wonky (serial number) names.  Is there a reason that Homekit can' t just list their names so we don't have to look up which camera is which?

- I created an automation for one of my inside Phillips Hue lights to turn red when motion is detected at the door.  It usually turns on, but seems to almost always ignore the "turn off after 1 minute" command.  As such I decided to delete the automation.  However, it keeps running anyway.  How do I make this work properly or delete it so it doesn't come back?

- I would really like to be able to tell Siri to disarm the cameras or choose a custom mode.  Is this feature possible?

GarrickO
Initiate
Initiate
I receive an error that my device is uncertified when trying to add to HomeKit.
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Also get the same 'Uncertified accessory' error here as well.  All Arlo support can tell me is to remove and re-add which I've done about 4 times now but I still get the same error.

jakesamp
Star
Star
Hi, I'm getting to my wit's end with Arlo.

After finally providing HomeKit support, I've updated. Of course, I'm having issues. Read carefully.

I can view my Arlo Pro 2 cameras through the Apple Home app while I'm at home, connected to WiFi.
I CAN'T view my Arlo Pro 2 cameras through the Apple Home app when I'm away from home, connected to 4G/LTE.

I have reset my base station. Reset my entire phone. Reset my iPad & Apple TV (Home Hubs) and I'm still unable to view my Arlo stream through the Home app when I'm away from home. Why is this? Please tell me how to rectify this issue as I, and the rest of us, have been waiting long enough for HomeKit support. Regards.
jonesaus
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ask Greg why after such a long delay, it still doesnt work?

me and many others are getting uncertified device error.

Also as him when is it going to be fixed

dalewright
Initiate
Initiate
Hi Greg,

Firstly, may I say a huge thank you to you and your team for under-promising and over-delivering for Arlo Pro customers.

Are you considering supporting iCloud recordings and/or HomeKit doorbell?

Cheers
PTLux
Initiate
Initiate

Now that we have HomeKit access for our cameras, will Arlo be supporting HomeKit Secure Video in the future?

illuminous
Apprentice
Apprentice

Firstly thank you for all the work you are doing to support Homekit. Obviously there are some teething issues, but it is great to seeing Arlo jumping onto this. Us Apple users are very happy!

The inability to arm/disarm Arlo through Homekit is not ideal. I understnad there may be issues directly adding the Base Station to HomeKit to allow this.

Could you instead create Siri Shortcuts as part of the Arlo App to allow arm/disarm of the system. This would at least allow users to incorporate Arlo Modes into Siri Shortcuts with other Homekit devices. This should be an easy addition to the Arlo App.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the great questions so far!

Greg is currently reviewing your questions and will start responding shortly, stay tuned!

JamesC

DGArkie
Apprentice
Apprentice
n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
For your HomeKit do you have other smart devices connected that you can view remotely over LTE while you are not home that are working ok? And the issue is just the Arlo camera.

Thanks!
adammiarka
Apprentice
Apprentice

@DGArkie wrote:

Where can this chat be found?

You're looking at it!

Maxxchiki
Tutor
Tutor
I can’t get my basestation to connect. I keep getting Uncertified Accessory from HomeKit.

Please see video below.
https://www.reddit.com/r/arlo/comments/cnw5n1/homekit_setup_uncertified_accessory/
Jhawk27
Guide
Guide

Let me be one of the first to thank you Mr. Greg Falgiano! It is a pleasure to have you with the community today!

I would like to know what other feature might be coming with homekit integration and if the icloud secure video feature is in the works! I for one love the arlo app, but greatly enjoy having the ability to trigger automations and this homekit feature was a HUGE success!! 

My other question revolves around the future and the products that are soon to come: Will they be able to integrate into homekit as well? I.E sensors and cameras? when might we expect the Ultra cameras to have integration into the ecosystem and is it possible to have the lights on the cameras and sirens as devices in adition to the video feed/motion sensing?

Jhawk27
Guide
Guide

@Maxxchiki wrote:
I can’t get my basestation to connect. I keep getting Uncertified Accessory from HomeKit.

Please see video below.
https://www.reddit.com/r/arlo/comments/cnw5n1/homekit_setup_uncertified_accessory/

Will this be resolved in a future update when apple grants the certification?

jbendezu
Aspirant
Aspirant

What are the next features planned for Homekit integration, are new feature planned for Arlo Baby and Arlo Pro/Pro2/Ultra, 

Is Arlo base station in plans to be included as a security system  to support arm, disarm actions?

Is Arlo planning to include Homekit secure video

Are there Homekit integration upgrades for IOs 13?

Retired_Member
Not applicable
Now that the certification is completed for arlo pro 2, would feature like secure video and other iOS 13 need re certification?
Jtodd77
Aspirant
Aspirant
Not getting notifications through homekit?
Arlo-Greg
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Everyone, thanks for joining. I'm here to answer some questions about HomeKit.

Retired_Member
Not applicable
I also use Philips Hue which works properly with HomeKit both via WiFi and 4G/LTE using my Apple TV as the link.

Just the Arlo Pro basestation not working as it won’t link due to the uncertified accessory error.
Jtodd77
Aspirant
Aspirant
Why am I not getting motion notifications through homekit?