Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot link SmartThings after Arlo password change

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ajb_hnl
Tutor
Tutor

My SmartThings Arlo integration had been working for a long time.

Yesterday I changed my Arlo password. After the change, my SmartThings integration stopped working. The SmartThings app suggested relinking Arlo, but clicking the link to do so attempted to load a smartthings.com URL but nothing happened and the relink screen in the app appeared again.

I unlinked Arlo from SmartThings. 

I tried to add back Arlo in SmartThings and get to the Finish Account Linking step, which seems to time out and sends me back to the link Arlo screen.

9 REPLIES 9
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @ajb_hnl 

Are you still experiencing this issue? Have you tried removing the SmartThings app and redownload > Link Arlo again? 

ajb_hnl
Tutor
Tutor

Hi @ShayneS ,

Yes, I'm still experiencing the problem. I've uninstalled and reinstalled both the SmartThings and Arlo apps and I still get stuck on the Finish Account Linking step. I click Yes to grant access to SmartThings, then a spinning status icon shows up for about 20 seconds, then I am taken back to the link partner devices screen to start over. 

ajb_hnl
Tutor
Tutor

Still experiencing this issue, any help? Thank you!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @ajb_hnl  I am currently investigating this, I will report back as soon as I have more info. 

ajb_hnl
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks @ShayneS !

pongalong
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same issue. Hopefully Arlo support can get back to us on this.

ajb_hnl
Tutor
Tutor

@pongalong Sorry to hear you're experiencing it too, though I'm glad I'm not alone. Hopefully Support can get back to us soon, I am still experiencing the issue.

ajb_hnl
Tutor
Tutor

Any help on this Arlo team? The issue is still ongoing. I live in a high crime area and had a large number of SmartThings automations based on Arlo triggers (and vice versa), so going without this connection is leaving us extra vulnerable.

ajb_hnl
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo support reached out to me. One suggestion was to try linking Arlo to Smartthings on another Android device. I had an old phone lying around with the apps already installed and linking on that device worked. (I got a 404 page not found error in Smartthings, but the cameras were there when I looked at my device list, and they are showing up on my newer phone too). @pongalong do you have an older phone you could try linking on? Maybe it will work for you too.