Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Sion13
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have upgraded to the new app (this was a nightmare as I had to completely reset the device in the legacy app first as it wasn’t showing up on the new app) and now I can’t add Arlo into my Apple HomeKit. The sole reason I bought it over other brands. When in the app I select the HomeKit setup option and it just sits on ‘discovering device. Please wait’ I know it’s not an issue with Apple as it was working flawlessly in HomeKit moments before upgrading. So what do we need to do to get back what we had in the legacy app?

7 REPLIES 7
jonesaus
Apprentice
Apprentice
I have exactly the same issue, also it won’t even live stream in the Arlo app
Sion13
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am able to stream, however the quality is appalling and freezes constantly. The delay has went from about 3 seconds in the old app, to closer to 10 seconds. Again I tested all this before upgrading to the new app so it’s nothing to do with Apple/Home Network
Sion13
Aspirant
Aspirant
Update:

I have tried to connect the device via the QR code within the the HomeKit app (a way that worked flawlessly in the past) but wouldn’t work. Tried manually entering the code and scanning less than a meter from both device and router. Found nothing. Once again was fine before the new app. Currently device is not fit for purpose.
jonesaus
Apprentice
Apprentice

yeah same here. might try open a support case, not that ive ever had luck with that before

jonesaus
Apprentice
Apprentice
Working all of sudden for me now
Akansemih
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi. Did you able to solve this issue? I’ve tried many things but the base station does not show up at all.

Thanks,

Semih

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Akansemih,

Are you having problems with your Arlo Baby not connecting to HomeKit? Or are you referring to your Arlo Base Station? What error message or problem are you experiencing?