Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
hh41
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I'm trying to connect my new hub (VMB5000) to Homekit, however no matter how I try, it's stuck on "Connecting to Bridge" after I scan Homekit QR code. 

I found this thread in which it seems you remotely reset the Homekit token, and that fixed the issue for other folks. https://community.arlo.com/t5/Partner-Integrations/VMB5000-HomeKit-stuck-at-quot-Connecting-to-Bridg...

Could you do the same for me?

11 REPLIES 11
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

hh41,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

hh41
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JamesC,

Thanks, that did something, though it seems I'm not quite there yet. When I go through the Homekit set up now, I get a pop up "Uncertified Accessory" at the moment when I add the base station, after scanning the QR code. After that Arlo app shows that Homekit is set up, but Homekit doesn't show the base station nor the cameras.

I tried resetting (through app and by unplugging), removing and adding the base station from Arlo app, and walking through the steps over again, but the result is always the same. Is there anything else I can do? Or was the token maybe somehow corrupted?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

hh41,

I've refreshed the token again. Do you still see the same behavior?

JamesC

ButcherJF
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Having the same issue, could you please refresh the token?

Thanks in advance.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ButcherJF,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

ButcherJF
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC,

Thank you, that dit it for me👍🏻

niksdagr8
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I'm having the same issue, could you please refresh the token?

Thanks in advance.

niksdagr8
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JamesC,

I'm having the same issue, could you please refresh the token?

Thanks in advance.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

niksdagr8,

JamesC

AndreaEmilio
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Having the same issue, could you please refresh the token?

Thanks in advance.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

AndreaEmilio,

JamesC