Arlo vmb5000 and Apple Homekit

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MrMolok
Star
Star

Same problem for me as for so many others, when trying to connect my VMB5000 to Apple homekit it ends at Discovering your device and nothing happens.

Kindly help me get this sorted, thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions:

How do I connect my Arlo device to Apple HomeKit?

https://kb.arlo.com/000063184

MrMolok
Star
Star

Thank you for trying to sort this out.

Unfortunately this didn't change anything.

After removing power to the base station and powering it back up (waited 60 seconds before reconnecting power), the base station never came back up - it continued to appear offline in the Arlo app.

I therefor had to remove the base station from the Arlo app and reconnect it again - including reconnecting my 4 cameras and the doorbell.

After this was done, I again tried to connect the base station to Apple Homekit, but experienced the exact same issue - it stalls at "Discovering your device. Please wait"...

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

That would be because you would need another token reset. I have reset the token again, please reboot the basestation and try again. 

MrMolok
Star
Star

Thanks. Currently I am abroad and will not be able to retart my base station by physically unplugging the power before coming back in a couple of weeks.

I will return to you here if I have the same problem as last time, where the base station never came back online in the Arlo app after reconnecting the power - or if I am still not able to connect the base station and the cameras to Apple Home Kit.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MrMolok wrote:

Currently I am abroad and will not be able to retart my base station by physically unplugging the power before coming back in a couple of weeks.

You could still restart the base station from the app.  Though I don't think you can get homekit set up while remote anyway.

MrMolok
Star
Star

Yes I know, however the support suggested that I should remove power from the base station before reconnecting it. But as you say, I do also believe that I must be on location to get the homekit set up.