Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

slash128
Luminary
Luminary

I had HomeKit set up but then removed it because I was reorganizing things. Now when I try to add my base station again the app just gets stuck on "Discovering your device. Please wait." I saw this posted elsewhere for a different hub and support sent a token reset request which seemed to resolve the issue for others. Is that what I need here?

613 REPLIES 613
Stephen_L
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JessicaP,

I still experience the same issue even after rebooting my base station and followed the instruction to setup HomeKit. Could you please perhaps send the token reset request again?

Thanks.

kenfield
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JessicaP,

Thank you for the reset. That's fixed it.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Ebarnesuk,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Stephen_L,

I've sent the token reset request to your base station again, which should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

If you're still experiencing any issue, please contact the Support Team to further investigate the issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Stephen_L
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi JessicaP, it’s working now. Thanks.
Lesillee
Tutor
Tutor

VMB4000r3,1.16.3_3572_b349f52, iOS 14

i am having the same issue.  I am not able to connect my base station to Apple HomeKit.  Please send a token rest to my base station. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Lesillee,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

Lesillee
Tutor
Tutor
Thank you Jessica. I have successfully connected to the Apple HomeKit!
Andogan09
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Jessica,

I have same problem with discovering devices on my VMB4000r3 - ver 1.16.3.3_3572_b349f52 base station.

Would appreciate if you can set up a token reset to see if this will fix the issue. Thanks

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Andogan09,

A token reset request was sent to your base station which should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

avagnild
Aspirant
Aspirant
I cant Connect to HomeKit as it keeps stating discovering. Can you send a token reset request to my base station?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi avagnild,

Andogan09
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Jessica, HomeKit working with the base station now.

Macgaver
Aspirant
Aspirant

Also need that reset token please.... trying to re-add to homekit and my iphone only show a white "discovering your device ... please wait."

Thanks in advance

jimzarloaccount
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JessicaP,

Please send a token request to my base station, to resolve the HomeKit installation problem.

Thank you.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Macgaver and jimzarloaccount,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

jimzarloaccount
Aspirant
Aspirant

If you could please send me another token, I will try again. I was able to add SmartHub and all of the cameras, but it failed at the end.

Thank you.

CopilotUK
Aspirant
Aspirant

JessicaP - Thanks for the update but hasn't worked for me - I still get the "discovering your device. please wait" message but it does not progress or find my device

5ntrol
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,
I’m also having problems adding the base to HomeKit; it is stuck on detecting device. Can you send a token reset to my base?
Thanks
jimzarloaccount
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JessicaP,

I still experience the same issue even after rebooting my base station and followed the instruction to setup HomeKit. Could you please perhaps send the token reset request again?

Thanks.

jia3857
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am trying to connect my Arlo base station VMB4000r3 with firmware 1.16.3.3_3572_b349f52 to Apple Homekit.  I have restarted the base station numerous times, and after hitting the Set up button in Arlo App, it is just stuck on "Discovering your device. please wait.  Please help!

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi CopilotUK and 5ntrol,

Hey jimzarloaccount,

I've sent a token request to your base station again. If you're still having issues, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

5ntrol
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks, it worked and I was able to add it.
Is there any other way to reset the token manually if this happens again in the future?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi jia3857,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

Navamuel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Also having the same issues, it was working in the past, but noticed today on the Homekit the cameras didn't work, I removed them from the homekit app but now cannot re-add them,

Can you send that token.

Thanks