Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo arm/disarm

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DanDell
Initiate
Initiate

OK Not impressed at this point. Actually getting a little annoyed. I cant believe there is not a simple button on the app to arm and disarm the motion detection on the cameras. I am getting emails every 60 seconds. Hard to believe that intelligent people designed this software and missed something so simple and obvious. In about 10 minutes im gonna throw this **bleep** back in the box and return it to Amazon

3 REPLIES 3
Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

DanDell wrote:

OK Not impressed at this point. Actually getting a little annoyed. I cant believe there is not a simple button on the app to arm and disarm the motion detection on the cameras. I am getting emails every 60 seconds. Hard to believe that intelligent people designed this software and missed something so simple and obvious. In about 10 minutes im gonna throw this **bleep** back in the box and return it to Amazon

Huh?  there is a simple buttom to arm and disarm motion detection in "MODES"

DanDell
Initiate
Initiate

OK. When you are already frustrated with something prior, its probably not a good idea to attempt to install your new cameras and software. I did eventually find the arm/ disarm buttons the following day but i would swear they were not in the app when i installed it and now, there they are...right up front. Still playing with them, all mounted and surveilling. I want these little guys to live up to my expectations. Theyre much less expensive than the larger system i was considering. We shall see...

Pavlova
Guide
Guide

The iPhone App seems to open to "Cameras" when it is not been used for a while.  So to disarm (or arm) You THEN need to select "Modes", THEN wait for up to 30 seconds while the app is "getting information" from the Arlo hub,THEN select the hub and THEN finally, you can chose the desired mode.  This is quite a few steps plus a wait while Arlo gets information.  This is frustrating and definitily not simple in my view.  Arming and Disarming Arlo is the most frequent thing that I do with Arlo, so it would be nice to have this on the Arlo startup screen with no wait.  However, a solution is available now with IFTTT and the DO button.  You can setup an IFTTT recipie with the DO button and Arlo so that without even entering the Arlo App, you can use the DO button to arm and disarm Arlo. Nice!