Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Make Arlo Ultra compatible with Samsung SmartThings and IFTTT

Ultra camera will not work in Smartthings. When you link your account, only your older cameras appear not the ultras. No control with Smarthings or IFTTT.

Comments
Ks5134
Tutor
Has there been any word on if and/or when the ultra will be implemented into SmartThings? I would like to put the zwave and Zigbee built in to use.
DominoDev
Initiate

Any news on Arlo Ultra Smartthings integrations?

Mavrrick
Luminary
It really isnt on Smartthings to create the integration. The new smartthings platform actually encourages the company or person doing the integration to build their own backend to support it. There is no reason Arlo cant do that since they already run a web based backend for their platform. It also gives them more control.

I would also Smartthings have no reason to since they sell there own cameras with a subscription service similar to Arlo's.
IOTGuy
Onlooker
I'd really like to know this also.
Omengramirez
Initiate
I’m just wondering when would Arlo Ultra integration to SmartThings will happen. The ultras are out For almost one year now, and still no information if the ultras will be supported by smart things.
Palekto
Star
Really , whats happening here?
Thought i found a solution to se my cameras in a grid view and now this little thing gravels that road
Sc0tt9614
Fledgling

Why is it that in order to use the SmartThings functionality, I have to buy outdated cameras?

This is a tremendous letdown that you can't use Samsungs SmartThings app with anything newer than Arlo Pro 2.

Why hasn't Arlo been able to provide an update or an ETA to this question people have been asking for over a YEAR?

Arlo Ultra advertises being able to stream 4K which is the reason I purchased all of them in the first place! Please describe exactly how I can stream 4K to a flagship Samsung QLED TV?

Thanks in advance for your detailed and helpful reply!

CharlieCTX
Follower

Disappointed new Ultra purchaser.  New to both SmartThings and Arlo.  My issue manifests itself in trying to add the camera and after signing on to Arlo, ST’s app says Arlo reports I don’t have any devices in my account.

Following...

Charlie

r15lt1
Novice

I get the same error when I try and add my Arlo Ultra cameras as well.

Ks5134
Tutor

Any updates on this?